Radar

I want to see your telescope setup (please)!

[quote=BobbyC;7449

Hi Bobby,

The dielectric...I'm still evaluating it.I used it last night,had beautiful cloud free skies.So far,I am pleased with it.It seems to reveal a little more nebulosity,and appears like it might be helping resolve clusters a little better.(notice the frequent use of the word 'little'.)

I guess a 'little' in astronomy is also 'a lot'. at least its giving you better views Tim. good to know that it is squeezing that little bit extra out of your setup.

:thumbsupmate:

Hi Guys,

Here is my setup. It's an N11GPS with a Skywatcher 80ED piggy backed. I've also got a HEQ5-PRO eq mount for the Skywatcher. I ended up getting the EQ mount so I could do more imaging of the southern sky. It gets very tight trying to get the camera, etc to turn though the fork arms so that the N11GPS is pointing south. Now hopefully with the HEQ5-PRO I've got all areas of the sky covered :)

I've also done a bit of a write up on the pier design here for anyone that is interested.

Regards,

Stephen

Nice little setup you have there Stephen, do you have much light pollution? :thumbsupmate:

Wow,you guys have got some nice set ups,:thumbsupmate: which gives me an idea....

If I could get my little wifey on here,and show here all the nice equipment you guys have maybe she would understand how I need to have some more goodies....er'I mean equipment:Chessy_Smile:

It could also give someone some ideas for birthdays and such.:eartoear:

Hi Bobby,

No, I'm pretty lucky at the moment. I'm on 1.5 acres backing onto farmland. The estate only has one street light every 200m so its reasonably dark. Unfortunately all the farm land is being sold off for residential development... :(

Regards,

Stephen

Nice little setup you have there Stephen' date=' do you have much light pollution? :thumbsupmate:[/quote']

If I could get my little wifey on here,and show here all the nice equipment you guys have maybe she would understand how I need to have some more goodies....er'I mean equipment:Chessy_Smile:

The trick is to keep things secret until the money is spent :Chessy_Smile:

I have a Meade Pictor 201 stand alone guider, SBIG ST4 autoguider, PST and about to own a Meade DSI Pro II with filters. By the end of this year, I'm hoping to make a serious investment into a serious monochrome CCD.

Hey Ray,keep me posted on the DS II Pro,for the moment that's the avenue I'm looking at for a CCD.

I can pick up a DSI for $129.95,a DSI Pro for $249.95,but then I know I will want to upgrade.It doesn't make sense to waste money on something I am just going to try and sell at a loss.

Another thing I am curious about is wether or not regular color filters will work in the filter rack,or do you have to buy theirs.

Hey Ray,keep me posted on the DS II Pro,for the moment that's the avenue I'm looking at for a CCD.

Could have it by Friday, but most likely Monday Tim. Can't wait to start using it and experimenting with tri colour imaging. And yes you can interchange the filters on the filter 'thingy'. :Chessy_Smile:

Ray

A CAT lover? Nice toys Stu. :thumbsupmate:

Without taking aperture into account, what yeilds better views, the SCT or the Mak?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray they are both the same design, Schmidt-cassegrains, but different apertures. Have never looked through a Mak-cassegrain type yet :hmm:

The scope has undergone a bit of an upgrade lately. l deceided to repaint it white to aid cooling and make it more visible at night.

l've also made new motor cradles with a better tensioning system to achieve better meshing of the drive gears.

Finally l've fitted a new Kendrick dew heater system and a flocked rigid dew shield.

Awesome looking machine you got there Mick.

What do you mean by meshing of the gears? You mean the teeth were grinding against each other?

Ray

Here are my scopes - I would love to put a pier in out front yard for my LX90 but Kate insists that it has another applications - sundial? Hey that may work!

See ya

My Jpeg images did not download - dimensions too large - how can I reduce the dimensions of a Jpeg image? Sorry for my computer knowledge, or lack of it!

My Jpeg images did not download - dimensions too large - how can I reduce the dimensions of a Jpeg image? Sorry for my computer knowledge' date=' or lack of it![/quote']

Do you have photoshop or paintshop pro Matt? Or any other imaging editing program?

In photoshop, simply goto image>image size

Edit the size of the image, then goto SaveForWeb> (give it a new name) and click Save (this keeps your original sized image, and gives you a new sized image for the web).

Fire away if you have any questions.

Ray

Thanks Ray

My images were 3256 x 2448. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to reduce their dimensions - the only thing I could do was to crop and this then allowed 2/5 of bugger all left to see. I will keep playing, Thanks for the tips though!

G'day Mat,

go here....

http://www.getpaint.net/roadmap.html#v3_0

and download the free Paint Dot net.

It's a very powerful image processing program, very user friendly, and was built as a runner up to Paint shop pro. I use it more than paintshop Pro and only do final tweaking in PSP. It's updated on a regular basis and gets better all the time..... and it's free :)

Clear skies

Stephen

yesterday the weather sayed it would be clear... so had the setup , up and rolling, but then when it got dark, clouds came up... sometimes i had a clear area, so took some pics of the setup.

i am @ holiday adress now ( we got a caravan, in the south of the netherlands , less light pollution ! )

so its displayed on the back of the photo, next to that, i didn't turned of the streetlight, because i wasn't going to image something :(

the name of the caravan is ''Sterwens'' in english it is ''starwish'' but it is not related to astronomy ;), because its the first letter of my name ( and my 2 brothers )

here the pics.

scoopcamping.jpg

scoopcamping3.jpg

scoopcamping2.jpg

That is some awesome kit you have there mate. The APO looks like a nice toy.

What is that thing hanging off the counter weight bar?

Ray