Sign in to follow this  
timthelder

Chasing Saturn

I have grown to appreciate planetary imaging more over the years.  The planets change.  Rings up, rings down, cloud pattern changes, an occasional asteroid or comet strike, (if one is lucky enough to be imaging at the time...)  Most importantly, being able to get some imaging time and still get to bed at a decent hour.

As the topic dictates, here are a few of Saturn this apparition.

Saturn_09-01-2022_3_web.jpg

First out RGB on 09/01/22

Saturn_09-07-2022_colormap_web.jpg

Played around with mapping the channels to different colors in this one. Interesting but ehh...

Saturn_09-08-2022.jpg

This one from 09/08/22

First couple of images using a ZWO120mm.  Last one with a ZWO1290.  The results don't seem any better to me with the 1290.  I am going to revisit my old Celestron Skyris 618M for comparison on my next outing.  It has the same sensor as the older DMK21AU618.AS

Anyhoo, sure is fun.

Tim

• Like 1

G'day Guru,

Great work. I know what you mean about getting some shut eye. What's your aperture these days?

Ray

Still using the C9.25.  Love to find a bargain on something a little bigger. 

I really think the images I am getting are at the threshold of what I can do with this aperture.

Tim

• Like 1

Even though the C14 has been surpassed by other optical systems, I think if you can find one for a good cost, they are well worth the investment. They seem to smash through light pollution as well. 

Ray