Sign in to follow this  
wingeing Pom

Pelican with new settings

For anyone thinking of getting an ASI2600MC-Pro camera - this might be useful.

This is 8 x 10-minute subs on the Hyperstar 4 with the ASI2600MC-Pro camera from a few days back. Unfortunately there was thin high cloud, so the data is near rubbish - BUT - the colour in this one isn't too bad. Why is that? Because I changed the colour scaling from 80% to 60% in the Green channel in MaximDL and it seems like that's where it should be. I got onto this from this very informative post:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/727108-color-balance-far-off-in-new-zwo-asi2600mc-pro/

pelican_8subs_10mins_G60_2star_Dither_SDMask_DDP_PSC_Curvebright_Forums.jpg

Interesting Prof. I'll have to try this. I have a few RGB and NB images where the green is overpowering. I have a few tools to reduce the green already, but I rarely use Maxim's enhancement features because they are fiddly (though I am using an older version of Maxim - Maxim DL5)

P.S that link is not working.

Ray

• Like 1

I am using MaximDL 5 as well Ray. Under colour conversion there are scaling factors for Red, Green and Blue. The defaults seem to be Red 100%, Green 80%, and Blue 100%. If you reduce the Green to 60% the colour comes out right. I have redone the link :)

Greg