Sign in to follow this  
wingeing Pom

Pelican with new kit

Got out last night, managed to focus and collimate the kit, then got down ONE 10-minute sub before it completely clouded over :( Here is that sub. Good news is that unlike the last image I showed you, this one is full sensor size. Somehow the last image (North America nebula) had the sub-frame box ticked in Maxim.

Although it is only a single 10-minute sub I can tell that this new kit is going to provide some SUPERB images, if only I can get enough clear sky time.

Greg

Pelican1_Forums.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, wingeing Pom said:

if only I can get enough clear sky time

Move to outback Western Australia. I can't wait to get an abandoned farm out there somewhere. Great shot as always of course. And was that StarLink trailing all over your image? 

Ray

• Like 1

I can't believe how many satellites Elon has up there already. He currently has 1700 satellites up there, with 30,000 planned. This could mean the end of satellite streak free images / clear skies for astrophotographers (it is already bad enough). :(

Ray

Here's a combination of 3 x 10-minute subs processed by Noel Carboni. This is the first image I have ever put together one bloody sub at a time :)

Greg

Combine_pelican_3subs_Noel_Process_Forums.jpg