Sign in to follow this  
Radar

Windows 10 Lobotomized Programmers

I upgraded to Windows 10 on Thursday. I had originally done the free upgrade from 7 to 10, but that resulted in my PC crashing every hour. So I bought a new hard drive, new version of Win 10 and installed it. During the install, Win 10 asks for your Microsoft account details to apparently make your experience seamless. So I punched in my email and password (the setup does not offer a skip feature, so you have no choice), and did the install. Emails on my iPad and iPhone stopped working immediately. Win 10 has some type of setup with my domain / email provider where it can automatically pull the email server settings so that your email instantly appears in their email program Mail. However it doesn't just pull information, these slow witted programmers at Microsoft, combined with the murky thinking of my domain provider, actually allow changes to the server settings without my knowledge or permission, so that any other email program or device stops receiving emails. And to add insult to injury, the domain / email provider cannot offer an insight as to how to fix my emails on my other devices. My emails are only working in Mail, but nowhere else. Hours and hours on the phone Microsoft already as well. Even when copying the same settings from Windows Mail to Outlook or iPhone or iPad, the emails still do not work. 

The good news is my observatory computer is back up and working, so its not all doom and gloom. B)

Ray

Yes, really takes the joy out of it. Work perfectly now though. So all good. 

Ray

So I just fired up the north dome computers after a long break and what happens? One of the Win10 computers decides it is going to access the HDD 100% of the time, right out of the blue. O.K. I sorted it by searching online, but WTAF are Microsoft playing at with this crap???

Greg

They are over engineering their software. Programmers needs to justify their jobs I guess, and by creating new features all the time gives them the work they need. I recently had to fill out my address on a website contact form, and as you start to type, the AI on the site tries to predict your address (anywhere in the world) and inputs your address incorrectly and prevents me from writing it in. Great example of over-engineering and programmers coming up with software that is not necessary and just makes things more annoying to use. Could give you ten other examples.  Frustrating, ahh!

Ray