wingeing Pom

Hyperstar III/C11 running again

I haven't used the Hyperstar in around a year, so when I checked on it last week - it wasn't working of course. However a week of working on the computer and upgrading the handset (it didn't know what 2020 was before the upgrade) and it is now once again in full working order. Managed a few subs last night between banks of cloud and all looks fine. Looking forward to some deeeep Hyperstar images next clear Moonless night.

Greg

• Like 1

Glad you got it sorted out Greg. 

My own CGE Pro mount is currently only good for manually choosing targets.  I guess if I was old school, I would learn to use those R/A and declination guides.  Nah, I'm a wuss.  A new mount will be in order soon.  Should have a lottery for these bloody things as much as they cost :huh:

Tim.

• Like 2

You’re not wrong Tim. I upgraded my old neq6 roughly 6 months ago. I love the new cem60 but life and mostly weather, both natural and fire related, have been a pain and I have hardly opened the obs in the last 6 months. 

Shane

2019 was the worst year for imaging for me since I started in Autumn 2004 - and it is continuing into 2020. We have complete cloud cover and rain every day.

Greg

• Like 1

On 03/02/2020 at 5:10 PM, wingeing Pom said:

2019 was the worst year for imaging for me since I started in Autumn 2004 - and it is continuing into 2020. We have complete cloud cover and rain every day.

Yes, agree totally agree. 

I've completely rebuilt the outside of my observatory, and I'm almost finished shooting the tarantula (keeping in mind I haven't produced anything for some time), we had a powercut and my video card dies (this was about two weeks ago). Annoying to say the least. I have four monitors hooked up to it as well.

Ray