Looks like the most recent posting here apart from Ken's earlier in the year was mine, whenever that was...just found my password so I thought I'd at least say hello & post a pikky or 10! :lol: 

The GRS of Jove got a lot of airspace this year...I hit 70 a couple of weeks ago & it seemed like a long year of imaging until clouds effectively blotted out the sky except for a few nights over the last 3 months...c'est la vie! :)

I post some of the Natimuk images...a small place about 30 klicks west of Horsham in Victoria that we went to for the first time back in June...strangely had never been there although Horsham has seen us many, many times.

Anyway, a few nights of excellent seeing & some nice days exploring the interesting country around Natimuk:...here are the best from that little trip which is really no further than many of the places we go to in Sth. Aust for us... ;) 23rd June was the poorest seeing but still pretty decent, with a couple of Saturn images thrown in from the time at Natimuk: the nights (& especially the mornings) were very cold indeed!

Cheers to all the Old Crew here on MAS! :)

j2019-06-20_14-27_rgb_dpm@120%Homepc.png

j2019-06-20_14-27_rgb_dpm@100%+Channels.png

j2019-06-22_15-02_rgb_dpm@123%.png

j2019-06-23_12-47_rgb_dpm@100%+Channels.png

j2019-06-25_12-54_rgb_dpm.png

j2019-06-25_12-54_rgb_dpm@100%+Channels.png

Jup_134419_L_200619-ANIMEat125pc.gif

s2019-06-20_15-11_rgb_dpm@180%-Tilt.png

s2019-06-25_15-24_rgb_dpm.png

Ripper pics Daryl, the wife and I were over Horsham way just last week. Although we spent most of our time in/around Halls Gap. Beautiful part of the world.

Shane

Geesuz mate! Some crazy intricate detail captured there. Well done. What scope if that through? 

And happy Xmas to you to buddy. 

Ray

Hi Shane & Ray, good to "talk" & Merry Xmas & a good 2020 to both of you & your families. :)

Still dragging that old C14 around Ray - they always seem to do a decent job. A lot of Jovian images in 2019 but not too many Saturns... a few Neptune images etc revealing storm spots plus a single decent Uranus - that's it.

By pure chance we imaged when the GRS was in view, chronicling some of the activity there with good resolution: below is a late Jupiter animation from Leigh Creek plus one of the polar projection map compositions featuring said GRS over the apparition.

j2019-08-10_09-40_rgb_dpm.gif

j2019_COMPOSITE-SouthPolarMAP.png

I'm blown away by those images. I stared at them for ages taking that data in. I didn't much time this year to shoot the stars or planets. I'm back into it now though. Just finished overhauling the observatory and about to service my AP1600's gear boxes (just greasing them really). Then I'll be back in business. 

And yes, C14 is a great scope. I love mine, I'm shooting DSO's @ prime with it. Gets right up close and personal. Few issues with mirror flop etc, but nothing that cannot be overcome with some critical thinking. 

Merry Xmas to you to buddy.

Ray

Lovely images!!

I lived in Horsham, W. Sussex, U.K. for a number of years. Actually met an Aussie on holiday in Horsham (U.K.) who came from Horsham (Australia).

Greg

On 25/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, wingeing Pom said:

Lovely images!!

I lived in Horsham, W. Sussex, U.K. for a number of years. Actually met an Aussie on holiday in Horsham (U.K.) who came from Horsham (Australia).

Greg

I reckon the countryside & climate would be very different Greg! ;)

• Like 1

On 25/12/2019 at 5:21 PM, wingeing Pom said:

Lovely images!!

Greg

Greg my sister lives in East Sussex (Preston). I only found out I had a sister about 18 months ago thanks to an ancestry test. 

Ray

• Like 1

On 27/12/2019 at 4:07 AM, Radar said:

Greg my sister lives in East Sussex (Preston). I only found out I had a sister about 18 months ago thanks to an ancestry test. 

Ray

WOW!! Amazing find thanks to DNA testing. I found out the highest percentage in me was IRISH :):):)

Greg

I had a PM from a member on Ancestry. At first I thought it was some type of scam, but there was a DNA alert flashing on my account saying something like "father, exact match" or something similar. So it was pretty cool. We made contact and sure enough, a whole new family. Crazy. 

Ray

• Like 1

Thank Tim - good to hear from you! :)

A hot day coming up today, 110F+ & I'm up at 5am 'cos I have hardly been able to sleep all night...looks like an inside day with the aircon on today! The fires in Oz atm have been very nasty unfortunately. :( 

Daryl I heard it was getting up to 45 and 46 in S.A and got to 48.9 in Gippsland earlier today. Just crazy.

Ray

Yeah, lots of local temperature variation in different places around Oz Ray - it was almost 46 on the back verandah from our sensor & old bulb thermometers which makes it hot in anyone's language: the fires are horrific everywhere & Kangaroo Island has been incinerated in a large section with the loss of lives. :(

Living on the coast down the bottom regions of Gulf St. Vincent we get a lot of the KI smoke when the wind blows from that quarter, but it is not nearly so bad as in the East: talking a few days back to a friend in Canberra he says he can't see his neighbour's house across the street!

After the almost 46 on Friday it was just over 20 yesterday here...5mm of rain overnight last night & perhaps some more today with a maximum of 20...quite bizarre!

Pat who keeps local rainfall records just told me that last January we only got 0.4mm - so I guess we've smashed that figure already, not that it did much good on KI or in the Eastern States... :(

On 12/30/2019 at 4:03 AM, Radar said:

I had a PM from a member on Ancestry. At first I thought it was some type of scam, but there was a DNA alert flashing on my account saying something like "father, exact match" or something similar. So it was pretty cool. We made contact and sure enough, a whole new family. Crazy. 

Ray

That is just incredible!! How amazing!!!