timthelder

The night of Mercury's transit

Holy crap! It was a 104f here on Saturday. We are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Ray

• Confused 1

You can keep the end bits I will stay in the middle. 

The water pump on my Breezeair Cooler decided to die on that 104F (40.4C) +/- a bit

Dave

On 25/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, scorpius said:

You can keep the end bits I will stay in the middle. 

The water pump on my Breezeair Cooler decided to die on that 104F (40.4C) +/- a bit

Dave

Lucky you are handy though Dave, you can most likely fix it. But a pain either way. 

Ray

Jeeperz. What shocking weather, I eventually got on the roof and changed out the water pump with one I serviced.  It is working well, I have run the beast on both mains and solar, draws around 450 watts, from my 8Kw inverter  That is good for 3.5Kw continuous use from 400 Amps of battery storage, but not for long if there is a lot of cloud around.  The inverter is pure sine wave and in itself is a bit greedy in generating 240v.  Today's temp here 41c inside 25.5c I can live with that:)

Got a 1Kw Continuous pure sine inverter coming on Monday that should be more efficient and handle the cooler continuously, the inverter can handle up to 2Kw peaks.  

Understand should be some activity of Geminids tonight. But with a waning full moon in Gemini and most possibility of the usual night cloud, I am not holding my breath.

Dave

On 14/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, scorpius said:

Understand should be some activity of Geminids tonight. But with a waning full moon in Gemini and most possibility of the usual night cloud, I am not holding my breath

No Geminids out our way mate. Maybe the moon washed them out. I have pretty bad light pollution where I am as well. However my neighbours are perfect, they are all aligned and keep their lights off for me (at the expense of a red wine and box of chocolates around Xmas and Easter). 

Ray