Sign in to follow this  
timthelder

Nothing to see here

How's that for click bait, lol.

Been a while.  Been a busy beaver, new to me home, new pier, new neighbors security light 30ft away from my 'second' pier installment.  Lots of remodeling has passed, but I think I finally have things under control till spring comes back around (for us northern folk anyway.)

I'll probably post several updates in their appropriate locations around the forums, but for now here is todays folly.

Mercury transit.

Got started about 5:45am with getting out 'the required stuff', I used the ole CG-5 mount as I did for the 2017 eclipse.  Canon utilities still had my settings for full Sun, (NOT full btw,) and focus was still almost spot on.  AFTER mucking around with the mount for about 30min because apparently some of the jacks had corroded since it's last use (only 2yrs ago, wtf?)  Finally I got power and a late start.  Long story short, clouds, clouds, clouds, and a few lucky captures.

IMG_0001web.jpg

Finally, jeeze!  S quick GIF of the session.

IMG_0004.gif

I'll try and catch up with you fellers, sorry about the walk-about/haciades/absence.

Tim.

• Like 2

Tim! What's been going on my mate? Good to see you are still on the optics. I missed this transit, just got back from overseas (last night). So you had some cloud, but at least you got a half decent gif. What type of solar filter are you using these days?

Ray

Just a white light filter on the 100ED, (same as for the 2017 eclipse.)  I used the DSLR for a camera, just straight up prime focus, Sun fits the FOV nicely.

Tim.

• Like 1