scorpius

HEIDI LES CHAT NOIR

My cat, Heidi  - Just celebrated her 17th birthday.  Camera EOS750D  Getting old and collecting a few grey hairs. She likes to put on a pose for the camera :)

IMG_0257.thumb.jpg.1869a9c33c55e8b63ccc44b35617f7f5.jpg

Dave

Not sure how that cat doesn't have more grey hair. Its doing well for a 17 year old. 

Ray

She is known as a "Havana" short haired domestic.  In bright sunlight her fur is a very dark brown with dark orange stripes.  Is a cross Siamese and also displays those tendencies, can get very noisy when she wants something. Very wary of strangers and occasionally does "wheelies" around the house going flat out in a crazy manner.  Very fussy eater will only eat canned tuna and Whiskettes biscuits.  She rejects most proprietory cat foods. 

Dave

She sounds very spoilt mate. I suppose she sleeps on your bed? 

Ray

Yeah Ray, Unfortunately I think her days may be numbered, been doing some research and her propensity to get get very vocal especially at daybreak is causing concern.  From what I have discovered its a sort of Cat's Alzheimers, Which is part of their ageing where they will just sit and howl for no apparent reason.  My niece apparently had a similar breed for 17 years and had to have it put down.  I Had a similar breed prior to Heidi, she was also somewhat crazy and used to sit on the side of the road and play "chicken" with cars passing by.  One morning she wasn't quick enough and I found her laid out on the verge. her name was "PC" (Pussy cat.) she was 10 years old. So I have had a long experience with the breed.  They are very affectionate with their owners, but can be very demanding.

Yes, she has a special "Whiskers" blanket which she sleeps on. !!

Dave

Be glad when this cloud stops coming down from the North !!

Cat Alzheimers? Poor thing. It is bad enough for a human that knows what is happening to them, let alone a poor cat waking up and not having a clue where it is or who it is. Shame. These types of diseases (side effects of aging) are beginning to be prevented,  but certainly not cured once they take hold. 

Ray