https://www.voyagerastro.com/

I have had a good play with this software in demo mode and was so impressed I bought the full licence without actually trying it under the stars in real world situation. I have finally recieved my rs232/usb cable and everything connected to the software without a hitch, now as soon as the weather clears up ill have an imaging run to see how well it does its job in the real world. Very imressed so far and not over expensive either at A$115 although that price is going to be almost double as of Aug 2019.

Will post some results when able.

Shane

• Like 1

I'm really loving this aquisition/obs control software. Although I don't have an automated obs, hopefully in the future, I am super impressed with the way I can run a sequence, including moving to a focus star do auto focus then back on target and continue, focus can be done on filter change, time, or temp change, all platesolved. The relative ease a novice like me can set up a sequence is really unbelievable. Best of all "IT JUST WORKS". I will definately be staying with it and not going back to APT( which is great also). Highly reccommend at least trialling it to see if it is suitable for you.

Shane

Noted my friend, you've sold me. I might have to try it out, I'm still using Maxim DL from 2012. Sometimes I don't have the headspace to take on new software. 

Ray

WOW. Just to add some more info Ray, I can be up and running on target, focussed, and into an imaging sequence in around 10 minutes. Assuming my target is pre setup before starting or a continuation of a previous saved target. This is way less time than I used to take just to get my first sub of the night.

This, coupled with the new mount and when I get clear skies, like right now :P, I am in heaven.

Shane

Sorry, been in Hong Kong mate. 

That is epic. I'm glad you are getting the buzz out of it. That's how AP is supposed to be. 

Ray

• Like 1

No mate, all business unfortunately. I will be back there in about 5 weeks I imagine. I'll definitely check if there is an astro shop. To be honest I completely forgot (11 meetings three days). 

Ray

I think there is one called Cyclops Optics, found an address for you.

Cyclops Optics Limited

4L, Wing Kin Industrial Building, 

4-6, Wing Kin Road, 

Kwai Chung, N.T.,

Hong Kong. 

T: +852-3426-4668

Awesome mate. When I get back there I will definitely pop in. It is always dangerous for me to visit telescope shops. 

Ray

• Haha 1