poppasmurf

New home for the old girl

The old NEQ6 has been sold and moved into her new home. The new owner is absolutely loving it and having a ball learning to drive it, as evidenced by the numerous messages I get on a daily/nightly basis. Like myself, Leon, the new owner, has made a huge leap in equipment coming from a EQ2/3 to a goto mount. I well remember the overwhelming feeling with such a huge jump in technology.

Shane

• Like 3

Getting New or Used equipment that is in good functional condition is always a joy to experience.  I have sold used gear and bought used gear as part of upgrades.  One cannot always afford new.  I sold my EOS 350D to a friend and she is having great experiences with it. Last week I took delivery of an used Canon EOS 7D Body, with low shutter count. Functions like it just came out of the new box.  At $425 it has given me a step up in the photography world.  Waiting now for the storms and clouds to disappear to try it on the 10" Skywatcher.  Of course my collection of Canon EF mount lens are all compatible for terrestrial photography.

Dave

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scorpius said:

Last week I took delivery of an used Canon EOS 7D Body

Very nice mate. I so need a terrestrial digital camera for AP. I still have over 20 rolls of kodak elite chrome 200 and three film bodies, which I will certainly use. 

On 26/06/2019 at 1:42 PM, poppasmurf said:

The new owner is absolutely loving it and having a ball learning to drive it

when I upgraded my mount from a Losmandy G11 to an AP, the new owner of the G11 also loved it, as I did when I first bought it. AP is a journey of technical, scientific and cosmic knowledge. It is an incredibly rewarding and sophisticated pastime. 

Ray

• Like 1