I pulled the trigger today on a new mount. Ioptron CEM60. There is a bit of a wait for production to catch up, but should be here in about 6 weeks. 

The minister of finance and war was none too pleased but so be it.

AHHH bring on the cloud.;):P

Shane

• Like 1

Organised to have a pier plate made by my brother today. That way I wont have to wait when the mount arrives. It's very handy having a brother that owns an engineering business :P.

Even handier when you can take a cad drawing to him so he doesn't have to draw one up himself.

Shane

Geesuz! Nice toy mate. Can't wait for you to get it. 

Ray

• Like 1

I can thank Tony for the info he provided for making me look at this mount. The other alternative, buying a premium mount, was extremely unlikely. I have only seen good reviews no matter how hard I try to find a bad one, except perhaps for the early days of the mount. Having said that, by all accounts Ioptron after sales service seems to be exceptional. Now I can't wait for it to arrive, it's possible that I will get 2 new arrivals very close together, as my eldest daughter is due to have a baby soon as well, number 3 grandchild B).

Shane

On 11/05/2019 at 6:51 AM, poppasmurf said:

it's possible that I will get 2 new arrivals very close together, as my eldest daughter is due to have a baby soon as well, number 3 grandchild 

Epic mate. Keep us posted, we like to share in other's excitement. 

Ray

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Radar said:

Epic mate. Keep us posted, we like to share in other's excitement. 

Ray

No probs mate.

On another note, I advertised the NEQ6 on another forum as well and had 1 nibble already. Although he may balk at cost of shipping to Brisvegas, my guess is it wont exactly be cheap shipping it anywhere due to the weight.

Shane