Looks like you had the chainsaw out for that tree in the centre of pic.

Shane

That's an Oak tree way over the back that got hit by lightning.  Great for me as you can see it used to take up a lot of my lower southern horizon :)

Greg

• Like 1

Epic mate. My (newly found) sister lives in west sussex and has been sending me photos. I can't believe it. Wish I was over there. 

Ray

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 8:30 PM, Radar said:

Wish I was over there. 

Ray

When I was in the Norfolk County Constabulary, (1957 - 1968) standing outside the Norwich Gates at Sandringham House for 4 hours at a time and within the grounds,  surrounded by 6ft drifts of snow it was not amusing, especially when the Superintendent in Charge of Sandringham Division  (Lt Col  R B Mitchell) drove up in his heated car, winding the window down and saying ..."But think of the honour chap!"  I spent 9 Christmases and many other occasions at Sandringham House being one of the "honoured" chosen few. :) 

Dave

• Like 3

On 19/03/2018 at 1:18 AM, scorpius said:

When I was in the Norfolk County Constabulary, (1957 - 1968) standing outside the Norwich Gates at Sandringham House for 4 hours at a time and within the grounds,  surrounded by 6ft drifts of snow it was not amusing, especially when the Superintendent in Charge of Sandringham Division  (Lt Col  R B Mitchell) drove up in his heated car, winding the window down and saying ..."But think of the honour chap!"  I spent 9 Christmases and many other occasions at Sandringham House being one of the "honoured" chosen few. :) 

Dave

My Dad was in the Metropolitan Mounted Police (K division) for about 30 years.

Greg

• Like 1

Hey Greg it is spring there I imagine. Are you finding the winters and summers are starting later? That is what I think we are seeing in Australia. 

Ray

As we had snow again just a couple of days back then yes seasons have shifted around 3-4 weeks later in the year.  This has bad effects on the wildlife (bird-nesting in particular).

Greg

Same in Perth. Summers start later and finish later. Today was 38 celsius which is at the upper end for this time of year. Humidity is 74%. Your telescope will dew up from humidity, not dew. Lucky its cloudy (which is also extremely rare for this time of year). 

Ray

On 21/03/2018 at 4:51 PM, Radar said:

Same in Perth. Summers start later and finish later. Today was 38 celsius which is at the upper end for this time of year. Humidity is 74%. Your telescope will dew up from humidity, not dew. Lucky its cloudy (which is also extremely rare for this time of year). 

Ray

What climate change?? :):):)

Greg

• Haha 2