For several week Perth has seen clear skies (within reason) and above normal temperatures. So decided to set up the 10" on the EQ6Pro and capture the Super Moon on Sunday Dec 3rd.

So, what happens, early in the day it was forecast to be 38C, then, the clouds rolled in and by midday the blue of the sky had vanished beneath a heavy cloud cover and the forecast modified to 36C

Late afternoon large rain bearing area appeared on the BOM Radar, but even that failed. despite pretty colours covering my part SE of the City of Perth, suggesting minor to light rain. I found that by walking around I could completely miss having a single drop land on me !   Ah well, maybe next time.  It would have been nice to have had a decent shower to compensate for no moon, but even that failed and the rain appeared to evaporate before reaching my suburb. 

Ray you did well to leave town !! ya haven't missed anything :) 

Dave

IDR702.gif

Dave I have been saying this for 2 years now. During the day we are seeing more evaporation over the ocean which comes in later in the day or evening. The amount of beautiful clear days we have had is excellent, but the nights are followed by cloud (not necessarily rain). I have my eye on the sky every night and Perth is lucky to get 3 or 4 clear nights per month at the moment. It was never like this before. 

Ray

Yeah Ray.  We had about a cupful of rain for all that cloud and 24 hours later still thick cover. Nothing in it.  Doesn't make any difference anyway, my back went out again yesterday and really creased again.  Have an appointment with the Dr tomorrow morning. probably another bilateral Facet Joint Injection at Bentley. I think I did it lifting 20 litres Hydroponic nutrient storage containers, have 24 plants on second leaf. :)

Dave

IMG_0013.thumb.JPG.c4b8ab82253cff45c5b7471453c57b67.JPG

Very cool looking hydro system Dave. If I had the room I would like to try something like that. With your back, go vegan to reduce inflammation. Checkout a documentary called What The Health, the science is overwhelming. 

Ray

• Like 1

MEAT --- That is something that causes too much illness among humans, their liking  for the flesh of animals, especially processed meats.  However this really has nothing to do with space, (The Skies!)  guess it fills a gap in dull, misere and cloudy skies :)  Takes up very little room (The other space) Ray. Initial set up can be expensive, but once you have the gear its just a case of buying nutrient and seeds. 

That middle tank has what is known as "expanded clay balls" A volcanic substance, I plan Celery and Pok Choy in that shortly. -- 190 litre tanks of nutrient circulated for 10 minutes every hour in day time by a garden pond pump with 6ft lift.  Very simple. 

By the way all the plastic used in troughs trays, tanks and containers are all certified "Food Grade" This is extremely essential with hydroponics. 

I will be writing a new page for my Web Site on hydroponics soon. 

Dave IMG_0011.thumb.JPG.d2214cae361e14be8eb7fd588f72aede.JPG

• Like 1

PS. Ray, Dr confirmed L5 S1 shot again in the back, given referral for further shots into the spine.

Dave

High concentrate Nutrient. 5 to 10 ml of mix A and B to 1 litre of water - ie 1.9lITRE PER 190 Litre tank of water.  That should last 2 months.  At 20 Kg per tank I should not have lifted them !!

IMG_0015.thumb.JPG.d316c0537cb94db95b9f76a1d4cc4c65.JPG

Edited by scorpius
add picture
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear the back has gone again Dave. I can sympathize as I have had a crap back for years, after 2 lots of surgery, first a lamenectomy, followed a couple of years later with a lamenectomy and a fusion of  L5 S1. Mine is sort of manegeable most of the time.

Shane

Thanks for comment Shane, I was 27 when I first had a PID at L4 and L5 and  has plagued me all my life.  I am 6ft 4" tall and now at 83 there is considerable degeneration and Osteo Arthritis in residence.

Fusion was considered some years ago, but I decided against it after a friend of mine with the same issues ended up in a wheelchair. (Modern procedures are a lot more advanced and safer)  The Bilateral Facet Joint injections in October worked great, until ... I put those 20 Litre cans of nutrient on the workbench. 

In the 80's I was working on a Bertram 50 Boat in the bilges in a confined space when L5 popped and got crushed. I was stuck in there for 3 hours before my work place decided to investigate why I was not back at the workshop.  I was wiring a Radio Earth plate on the hull at the time, a simple job if the owner had removed a carpet to access a particular hatch, he refused and had to crawl past the engine installation to reach the plate terminals.  Owners of those floating "Gin Palaces" were more concerned about their precious boats than for servicemen working on them. He wasn't at all concerned about me in hospital, but about when his radio would be connected !

Will have the bi-lateral FJI's on 18/12 meanwhile living on whoopee pills and Prunes :) 

C'est la vie ! 

Dave

• Like 1