I noticed an uncanny resemblance and thought to myself...Have we created the beginning of our end as these things get smarter and smarter?

Could it be Lexons?

59e95dc86b481_SoitBegins.jpg.ebf3f74e560bf9c42865ba440d98fe19.jpg

Eric

That's actually quite a good resemblance. We've got a vacuum cleaner that cruises around the house everyday and our phones appear to always be listening to our words. If I say something similar to 'serious', Siri always pops into action asking what I need. One or two more decades before we're all wiped out. 

Sarah Connor!

Ray

• Like 1

I dunno if I like the idea of a satellite defence system actually being called Skynet. 

Ray

• Confused 1

Smarter? More reliable? I don't know.  I have a Chuwi Lap Book. basically it works well until.... You try to install the latest "Fall" windows 10 upgrade and upmteen hours it's failed 7 times to do just that.  I also have a Yepo Lap book (The Chuwi belongs to Val was a birthday present to replace her old MSI) The Upgrade went into the Yepo no problems until.. Now try and inhibit that large Touch Pad when you plug in a mouse -- Now that feature doesn't work.  Makes you wonder whether  it is actually a good idea updated/upgrading.  New is not always Better. :)  My son has a full version of the "Fall" 1709 release on a flash drive so next week will hit the Chuwi on boot and dump the "modified Chinese version" Win10 home, which by the way is a 32bit OS on a 64bit processor ! That's China for you. 

Don't have a smart phone, just simple device that makes a telephone call and receives and sends an SMS (Cheap and OK for what I need) 

Dave  ....

I couldn't agree more mate, I am still using Windows 7 across all my PC's. They aren't perfect either, but with the amount of programs and products I control I'm sticking with "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". 

Ray

• Like 1