Kokatha man

(Nearly) all images reloaded...

Much harder than I imagined, mainly due to my disgraceful filing...or rather things getting out of hand over time. ;)

I'll just load what I found although I think that there are only 1 or 2 missing at most from the ones I originally posted...

s2016-06-02_15-03_rgb_dpm@170%.png

Sat_RGB_2011&12&13&14&15&16&17RingTiltsFIN-EarthComp.png

• Like 1

I only had a brief look at these last week. Couple of observations. Saturn is incredible, you've captured the hexagon and resolved the atmospheric rings (shading) really clearly. The Jupiter shots are all outstanding, but what catches my eye most is the detail on the moons. Really amazing work. Then Mars, apart from the surface detail showing valleys and mountains, etc, you've resolved the edge of the cloud fronts, resolving a 3D effect almost. Never seen that before. Big well done mate. Planetary is no easy feat. I might have to have a crack at Saturn on the next clear sky I get in Perth, which will probably be never, looking at this cloud front. :angry:

Ray

Thanks fellas...I don't know what it is about me but the passwords keep on getting "lost" after sometimes only a single re-visit - happens here & on CN also & I have to re-load/save them...& it might hold it for a while, but then it happens again... :(

Enough whining...Ray, we were very satisfied with the cloud definition last year in our Mars images - we're really hoping with next year's "super-Mars" at 24 arc-secs that some special nights might pop up: atm trying to do a few jobs around the house so we can leave straight after the Grand Final this Saturday (C'arn the Crows!!! :lol:) because there "might" be a couple of nice nights after that...

We'll head off for some fishing R&R also after any imaging we manage to get, because a by-product of not having many decent imaging opportunities in the last few months means we don't get to be out in the van as much as we like...& we get a bit toey staying at home too much! ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kokatha man said:

Thanks fellas...I don't know what it is about me but the passwords keep on getting "lost" after sometimes only a single re-visit - happens here & on CN also & I have to re-load/save them...& it might hold it for a while, but then it happens again..

You shouldn't have any issues now. Everything is very stable here except for Shane. :P

Grand Final this Saturday (C'arn the Crows!!! :lol:)

I'll be watching with my low carb beers, thats for sure. 

We'll head off for some fishing R&R also after any imaging we manage to get, because a by-product of not having many decent imaging opportunities in the last few months means we don't get to be out in the van as much as we like...& we get a bit toey staying at home too much!

I need a van for super dark sky travel as well I think. 

Ray

• Like 1

As a true "unstable" Victorian I will be going for the Tigers but I believe the crows will be way too good for them. We are heading off in the camper trailer tomorrow for a weekend away and will be watching the footy and downing a few (read lots) of beverages with some friends at the little town of Yackandandah.

Shane

• Like 1