Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Radar

Skylab - Titanium Oxygen Tank For Sale

1 post in this topic

Anyone want to own a piece of the first space station NASA even launched? This 25 kilo chunk of space debris crashed down in Western Australia back in 1979 (with the rest of the space station).

You can clearly see where this piece of debris was located on Skylab by clicking here

If you are new to Skylab click here

My friend has owned this for many years and now wants to sell it. He has built it into a coffee table with a removable glass lid. 

You can also see in the newspaper article from 1979 that exact same piece of debris. 

The titanium is twisted, ripped and torn. A clear indication of the rigors of reentry and hitting the ground, which I personally think adds character to the piece.

And yes, NASA are aware of this piece and don't want it (hence the newspaper article from 1979).  

Ray

IMG_9871.JPG

IMG_9872.JPG

IMG_9878.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

IMG_98881.jpg

1 person likes this