Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

Radar

My Latest Image - Satellite

6 posts in this topic

You know times are tough in AP when the only image you can muster is of the bad weather about to hit Western Australia. B)

Its actually been sunny today, I'm watching how this cloud is moving, might get some telescope time later, maybe. 

Weather.PNG

Don't stress guys, I'll send all these storm systems over east shortly. Sharing is caring. B)

Ray

2 people like this

LOL. Nice to see you're thinking of us Easterners, but honestly you keep the storms mate I wont mind. It is actually reasonably clear here but the moon is a pain, which is rather typical if the clouds hold off thee moon is around to annoy me or visa versa.

Shane

1 person likes this

I went to a seminar the other day for work. This was one of the presentations https://www.awri.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Milawa-wine-July-2017-Dale-Grey.pdf . A bit messy to read but some interesting contrast between the previous seasons and what lies ahead. Page 37 has a summary of the predictions from weather agencies across the world. Historically, the Norwegians seem to be the most accurate. Australia BOM will be investing a heap of money into monitoring the Indian ocean temps as this is what has the most influence on our weather. I was also surprised by how much Antarctica does too. Very compliacted this weather stuff.

This one is far less compliacted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_rock

Dan

1 person likes this

Hi Dan, 

Great links, thanks for sharing. Just have a good trawl over them (didn't read every word but got the gist). At the end of the day, meteorology is an extremely complex science. So when I see these non-scientific debunkers talking against the minds of all these great climatologists it almost defies belief. Its akin to walking into a hospital and knowing very little about heart surgery and telling a heart surgeon how to perform the operation; no one would ever do that, but for climate change (where things could affect bank balances) citizens conspiracy theorists have no shortage of excuses and reasons to try and debunk. Very basic science shows us that Co2 holds in heat. 

Ray

Yep. Agree. Too may wannabe experts on this topic.

If there is one good thing with high temps and elevated CO2.....plants like it. If humans can stop cutting them down though.

Dan

As far as I understand it, there is a severe storm warning for the South West tonight/tomorrow (The real SW in WA) According to Pamela on ABC this evening possibly the worst weather so far this winter.  We have already had 4 occasions of snow falling on the Stirling Ranges this winter.  I understand this is Global Warming !! ??  Even the Pawnbrokers have taken in their signs its so cold  

FROM B.O.M.

For people in the Lower West, South West, South Coastal, Great Southern and parts of the Central West, South East Coastal and Central Wheat Belt districts.

Issued at 4:17 pm Sunday, 13 August 2017.

Weather Situation:

A strong cold front will move across the southwest parts of the State tonight and Monday.

The weather system is likely to cause WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS to 100 kilometres per hour southwest of a line from Jurien Bay to Narrogin to Albany from 5pm WST this evening, extending east over the remainder of the warning area by early Monday morning. These winds could result in DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY.

In isolated areas DANGEROUS GUSTS in excess of 125 kilometres per hour are possible and could cause SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION TO HOMES AND PROPERTY. The worst of these conditions are most likely southwest of a line from Bunbury to Bremer Bay between 11pm WST tonight and 5am WST Monday.

Severe winds are possible in the Perth Metropolitan area from around 6pm WST this evening. These conditions are more likely from midnight tonight and are expected to continue to around midday Monday.

Damaging surf conditions are likely which could cause beach erosion between Geraldton and Albany on Monday.

Conditions will ease from the west from midday Monday, though gusty showers will continue for the remainder of the day.

Moderate to heavy falls are possible with showers and thunderstorms as the system moves through. A Flood Watch has also been issued for the South West and Lower West districts, for further details please refer to http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/warnings/.

Dave