Sign in to follow this  
Astrolounge

Astrolounge Observatory

Nice setup Astrolounge.

Do you have pics of the actual observatory?

You have a huge range of guidescopes. Though those guidescopes can do more than just guide.

What is your preferred guidescope and why?

some shots of the observatory.

l do all my imaging through the refractors and would say the Orion ED100 is probably the best, very good contrast and sharp to the edge and works very nicely with the Meade 6.3 F/R.

The Zenithstar 80 is also a great little scope.

80mm Scopes

Nice set-up you have and a great observatory, Astrolounge.

What a difference it makes not having to set up and take down each session.

Have you noticed just how many SCT owners are adding an 80mm scope piggy back to there SCT's, not as a guider but as a wide field imaging scope. I have seen some incredible shots taken with various makes of 80mm scopes. The white scope is a Takahashi, a brilliant apo imaging scope, but expensive. My FS-102 cost me an arm & a leg many years ago, but there are many more options available now. I am looking forward to using my WO Megrez 90mm APO in a similar setup. WO have a huge range of excellent scopes & accessories.

Clear Skies...

They certainly have opened up the astrophotography side to those amateurs that want to give it a go. Images good enough to give people the interest to continue can be achieved quite cheaply now given the cost of some high end equipment.

Medium range refractors 80-100mm for around $500.00 to $1000.00 coupled to a Canon 350-400D for $1300.00 can produce great results, even short exposures will reveal quite an ammount of detail although as we all know it's all about the mount and tracking accuracy when it comes to astrophotography but thats a whole other issue and a lot more cash.