timthelder

Last Saturn this apparation.

It just doesn't get any better than this for my locale.  Almost, got the Enke division.  I may try stacking less frames just to see if I can get a little more detail.  Same image, just displayed differently.  With the ZWO ASI120mm.

Tim.

Saturn_06-28-2017web2.jpg

Saturn_06-28-2017_EPV.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, that is indeed awesome mate. And yes, the Encke Division is resolvable. You must be at your resolution limits. Not an easy shot to do. 

Ray

40 minutes ago, Kokatha man said:

Hi!" to anyone here who still recognises me

No one can forget Kokatha man. Hope you are well buddy. 

Ray

55 minutes ago, Radar said:

No one can forget Kokatha man. Hope you are well buddy. 

Ray

:lol::lol::lol: 

Hi Ray - I've been a bit under the weather for quite a while now but seem to be on the mend: of course it hasn't stopped us from imaging the planets but tbh the weather this year has generally been atrocious & probably nowhere near the number of times we'd normally go out... :(

The good side of that is I suppose I've not run myself down as much as I would've if there'd been lots of consecutive nights of good imaging chances...I'll try & pull a selection of the year's results together sometime soon & post 'em.

I hope you & your family are all well - I'm probably off-beam but I seem to remember it was only a couple of years ago you had the sound of little feet pattering around on the horizon...even twins possibly..?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kokatha man said:

I've been a bit under the weather for quite a while now but seem to be on the mend

Nothing serious I hope mate.

6 hours ago, Kokatha man said:

I'm probably off-beam but I seem to remember it was only a couple of years ago you had the sound of little feet pattering around on the horizon.

Time flies buddy. I have a 7 and 9 year old now. Love kids, would be awesome to have more but I doubt it. Look forward to seeing your images. 

Ray

"Time flies" for sure Ray - I reckon it might've been your #2 who was very young who I referred to above...

I've been a bit slack about my diabetes so hopefully the kick up my pants can help me get it back under control...can do funny things unfortunately.

Hi Shane! :)

I'll put a "compendium" together of our images & post 'em in the next day or so... ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kokatha man said:

I've been a bit slack about my diabetes so hopefully the kick up my pants can help me get it back under control

Wow mate. I saw an incredible documentary which had a high focus on diabetes and how the food industry lies to us to make money. Its called "What the Health". 

http://www.whatthehealthfilm.com/

A great watch at the very least. 

Ray

• Like 1

Yeah Ray, I have to watch what I eat very carefully although it seems like my blood/sugar levels rose very markedly with little explanation whilst I stopped monitoring it for sometime this year...sometimes you get so sick & tired of stabbing yourself every morning to check it but it was hopefully a good kick up the backsides...just had my eyes checked & they seem to be fine - diabetes can really %$#! your eyesight - & I really wouldn't want that!

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Kokatha man said:

Hey - not bad at all Tim!

I've looked in a couple of times over the last year or so but never had my password whenever I did - "Hi!" to anyone here who still recognises me! :lol:

Alright who are you, to be impersonating Daryll?  Lol...

Thanks mate.  I gave it my best shot!

Tim.