Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

scorpius

Canon EOS 1n HS Film Camera

6 posts in this topic

I have acquired from Japan, an almost "Brand New" mint film camera, the Canon EOS 1n HS which was the Flagship production of their last range of film Cameras, there was a subsequent one the 1V which used a newly developed film, but with the dawn of the Digital Age, the film was never continued, Leaving the 1n series the final camera using conventional 35mm film.  It was an extremely popular film camera with the media and it can devour a 36 exp film in less than a minute on multiple frame shooting.   A very neat layout designed for action shooting, it has no built in flash or other "toys" if you wanted flash you used a Speedlight or a compatible TTL flash unit like the vintage Nissin dual light shown below.  (I have had that for some 40 years) Plus you needed a hat with "Press" on it.   I also have a Speedlight 560.

The camera is also compatible with DX encoded films using built in sensors, fully auto advance and rewind.  It is fitted with a "power booster pack" which holds 8 X AA batteries

At the moment I am running a somewhat out of date FujiFilm 200 ISO negative film through it and have found processing lab in the Eastern States, which looks promising. I will be following up with a review on receipt of my first film.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Canon EOS 1n HS with Nissin Fully programable dual flash unit.  Have been unable to find any documentation on the Nissin (4000GW) and appear to have "lost" the original docs. 

The lot weighs in at 1.5Kilos. Nothing less than a Manfrotto to support this beast !   Photo taken with Canon Powershot A520 4.0mpx

download.jpg

1 person likes this

Film! Epic mate. I still have a ton of elite chrome 200 in the freezer. I can't wait to use it next time I go bush.

Ray

I have found a very comprehensive site on the Canon EOS 1n  series of 35mm Film Cameras.  If you have an hour or two to spare its well worth a visit to see what this incredible "machine" is capable of.

It covers all the range and suffixes.  The feed also has some spectacular photographs as well.  Plus  a lot of data and facts about operating the unit.   It looks on first appearances to be fairly basic camera until you start pressing buttons and adjusting dials, especially  the twin dial model  (above) which has a secondary control on the film back plate.  Many features also require combination pressing of two buttons together.

Whilst the official Users Manual pdf does a good job, this is an actual hands on tutorial.  Makes my SP500 look like a toy ! 

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/EOS-1n/index.htm

NJoy   Dave 

Film back with secondary control system  panel on right contains many setting buttons also.  Small plug with red dot is TTL flash ouput.  Similar socket on other end for dedicated remote control unit.

A/L switch is main on off switch.  Next is manual rewind if you want to recover part used film.  Lower section 8 X AA power grip.  Note Eyepiece blanking lever to prevent light entering on tripod or remote shooting. 

2.jpg

Expensive camera in its day as well.

Ray

They are still holding their price and used by the media and professionals. A good "Mint" second hand unit to a boxed "New Old stock" package can vary between $AU400 and $AU1000. 

Most of these are only available in Japan plus accessories and spare parts can also be found in JA.

Dave

Poste scriptus:  I have been in touch with the Nissin Manufacturing office and have been advised they have no record of the Flash Gun in their archives.  They are still in business in Japan and Hong Kong and do a complete range of Flash Guns from Amateur to Full professional units,  mid priced to ouch !! :) 

Dave