Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

wingeing Pom

New bits for the Hyperstar III

15 posts in this topic

I am looking into getting a new imaging camera and guide camera for the Hyperstar III/C11 to breath some new life into what is still a pretty amazing optical system.

Will keep you informed of any developments.

Greg

I know you will probably do a lot of homework on what camera to get but just my two cents worth, my QSI683-wsg is very well built and smooth to use. Certainly a brand I would purchase again. 

http://www.qsimaging.com/astronomy.html

Ray

My 2c worth, Moravian Instruments worth looking at as well for the imaging side.

Shane

Just ordered an 814C and Lodestar x2 from Starlight Xpress.

As SX are UK based I basically wouldn't think of buying any other camera just because of the return hassles.

Greg

1 person likes this

Just read up about the 814, nice little OSC. The guide camera looks good to. I know those sony sensors are noiseless.

Ray

The M25C I had on the HSIII was a great camera - but had bad vignetting (chip was too big really) and being non-Trius meant that it was not temperature stabilised.  With the 814C I should get zero vignetting plus I will be able to take flats :)

Greg

1 person likes this

The A3 HUION light board for taking flats arrived today :)

Greg

2 people like this

Cameras have arrived, been fitted and tested.  All looks fine.  Expect a very long period of bad weather :(

Greg

Photo's of it please Professor? Always love seeing the kit assembled. 

Ray

Awesome setup buddy. Those observatory walls look almost like concrete but I'm thinking they must be fibreglass. 

Ray 

1 person likes this

Well I was lucky enough to have sufficient clear skies tonight to get the Hyperstar set up.  All ready to go now.

Greg

Having carefully checked the images this morning I see the chip was not accurately flattened.  So I brought the camera indoors today and spent a couple of hours accurately flattening the chip.  Now have to put it back on the Hyperstar III and go through the collimation and focusing routine again.  Always have a period of "tuning in" with a new piece of kit.  But once the initial pain is out of the way it is then good to go for years :)

Greg

1 person likes this