Any who has given these two a fiddle....Just received my new ASI120mm, so I'm fiddling with all the installation beforehand so I don't get frustrated at first light.  I assume these are both capture programs?  Is one better than the other?  Just interested in anyone's feedback at this point.

Tim.

I played with both a long time ago Tim, I believe they have changed conciderably since then. Sorry but I can't remember which I preferred, although, I ended up using the proprietary software that came with my IS camera. Perhaps that says I really didn't like either or maybe it was just easier to use the supplied software.

Shane

• Like 1

Appreciate the input Shane.  I did a little googling and read that most seem to prefer using Firecapture .  Found an older video tut, but as you said, the program seems to have changed quite a bit, but the basic functions are still the same.  Did a dry run sitting inside with the cam hooked up.  Think I've got'er figured out pretty much.  It'll take using it in the field to get the rest, actual capture settings, exposure, etc, etc, etc.  And how changing the resolution works.

Interested to see the comparison between the ASI120mm vs. the Celestron Skyris vs. the DMK21au618 vs. the DMK21au04...

Tim.

Never used either mate. Very interested to hear your feedback though. 

Ray