Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

Radar

Jupiter - First Light with OSC

6 posts in this topic

Th Northern Belt looks like it has a darker shade swirling off to the left. Not sure what that could be but its been a while since I shot this object. 

The OSC seems okay. This is only a stack of 130 frames. I've got more AVI's but Registax doesn't want to process anything larger than a Gig so I'll process those inside me thinks. Jpeg compression has caused some pixelation, I'll re-upload this shortly.  

0004.jpg

Ray

1 person likes this

Have you tried playing around with Autostakkert?  I believe it will work with larger files, a lot of imagers prefer it, (I don't.)  You do have to preprocess the avi first, (has something to do with the frame numbering.)  I run it through PIPP.

Tim.

Nice first light Ray, was that without a barlow? Been awhile since I have done planetary except solar, but have used Autostakkert ...worth a try ......didn't know about PIPP thanks Tim

1 person likes this

On 08/04/2017 at 0:31 AM, timthelder said:

Have you tried playing around with Autostakkert?  I believe it will work with larger files, a lot of imagers prefer it, (I don't.)  You do have to preprocess the avi first, (has something to do with the frame numbering.)  I run it through PIPP.

Tim.

I did download this ages ago but I haven't experimented with it. I'll have a crack though, thanks for the tip mate.

On 08/04/2017 at 7:09 PM, beren said:

Nice first light Ray, was that without a barlow? Been awhile since I have done planetary except solar, but have used Autostakkert ...worth a try ......didn't know about PIPP thanks Tim

No barlow yet mate. I was more interested in just seeing the result. Its pretty good for a $200 OSC. It's certainly reinvigorated my will to do planetary. I might look at some monochrome cameras as well now. I'll try a barlow out tonight. 

Ray

1 person likes this

I used Autostakkert and a barlow for this. Seeing was atrocious though, but I kept on because I wanted to practice with Autostakkert. Stack is 700 frames. Can't wait for the seeing to stabilize to try this again. 

Jupiter with Televue.jpg

Ray

nice image scale, be great when you get good seeing mate.