Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

scorpius

When the clouds roll in

5 posts in this topic

When its cloudy and everything in the sky is blanked out there are occasions when you can point your camera to the heavens.  March 21 2017 around 6am  I think the sky was even angry with itself !

Dave 

The little white dot is a street light!

IMG_0001.jpg

Canon EOS500D 1/800 @ F5 55mm IS lens ISO 200

1 person likes this

Very nice Dave. With so many late nights in the observatory (when its clear), i miss these beautiful sunrises (except on the really late nights in the observatory when I'm still up). 

Ray

I always keep a set of fully charged batts Ray, and the 500D handy for occasions like this, they are so short lived at times. My friend Kerryn was saying that it seems like Autumn has been given a miss and we have gone straight into winter.  It was wicked at Wexford Medical Centre yesterday, howling gale and very high chill factor.  By the way my eyes passed all the tests and appears that everything is in good shape, in fact far better than most people of my age.  So much so the Ophthalmologist has extended my visits from 6 monthly to 9 monthly. That image is only 16K. The original CR file is around 7MB !

Dave

1 person likes this

I agree, summer went straight into winter, no transition. 40 degrees one day, blowing a gale the next.

Good to hear your eyes are doing well. Were you expecting any particular feedback / condition about them?

Ray

Yes, Ray.  Last year I was was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes. Very small just developing, and the Dr wanted to monitor them every 6 months, he will operate when they become "large enough"  ATM their growth is slow.  I also have Glaucoma in the right eye caused by the first tumour, but the pressures are also low being controlled by nightly Ganfort drops.  So each visit always has a ? mark before I see him.  The Eye Clinic is part of the Perth Lions Eye Clinic network.

Dave

1 person likes this