Just a quick couple of pics of my first Grandchild, from a very happy Grandfather. Looking forward to corrupting the little man and turning him into another astro nut :wub: B)

Shane

Happy Hooper family.jpg

Proud Dad.jpg

Zander.jpg

Zander2.jpg

Thanks Greg. My eldest is pregnant with twins, due around June. So family is growing rather fast around here.

Shane

Mine are 6 and 8 mate. Because they have grown up with an observatory in the backyard, they think all kids at their school must have one in their backyards as well. I've heard my kids say to other kids things like "when you get home, get your dad to show you Saturn in the obs". I'm like, "um, Ronnie, Hunter, I don't think the other mums and dads have observatories in their gardens (or know where Saturn even is)". At the moment though my kids are more interested in iPads, Playstations and watching movies that are way past their age rating. In fact, when my kids look at the TV guide, they are more interested in the rating than the title of the movie, trying to find things they aren't allowed to do seems to be their full time job right now, but its certainly worth it.

Ray

• Like 1

WOW, seems like only yesterday you announced that you were expecting. LOL, I guess that makes sense, growing with an obs in the yard it seems the norm, at least I will be able to corrupt Zander as they should only be living with us for about 8-12 months while building.

Shane

Its a great time to stimulate their young minds with intelligent matter. Space and sci fi movies increase their thirst for this science I think. My kids are always asking me questions about space. And of course, their school friends ask me a ton of stuff as well when they visit. I always show the other kids the observatory, they all go "wow" when they see it, which is pretty cool. 

Ray

• Like 1

Maaate....big congrats. And more on the way! Next Christmas will be big at your place. And noisy. 

Yep, it's frightening how fast they grow. But very enjoyable. I never thought I would say that. 

I agree with Ray about Sci Fi stimulating their young minds. I loved Sci Fi stuff as a kid. Still do now. 

Good work. 

Dan

Thanks Dan, I'm actually looking forward to Xmas's now. Hasn't been the same for a few years with my kids being adults.

Congratulations to all of you.  The first 5 boys are the hardest,  My Eldest is 53 and the youngest 34. Gave up trying for a girl! 6 Grand children 3 boys and 3 girls - My Father was of 7 boys and 1 girl  That's when Grandpa stopped :)

• Like 2

Thanks Dave, my father was the eldest of 14, he passed away before he got to see any great grandkids unfortunately.