poppasmurf

flame test

Here are the 10min guided  test images after a DEC remesh I mentioned in the belt mod thread. Uncalibrated and only had a stretch applied.

It looks like an improvement in guiding by the remesh.

Shane

L_Blue_2017-01-11_23-23-58_Flame_nebula_stretched.jpg

L_Green_2017-01-11_23-13-49_Flame_nebula_stretched.jpg

L_Red_2017-01-11_23-03-41_Flame_nebula_stretched.jpg

RGB Stretched.jpg

Very very close Shane. Is collimation 100%? I think if collimation is out slightly it could give the impression that guiding is the culprit. 

Ray

I haven't checked collimation in a while Ray. The guiding issues were definately gear mesh related though, I ran the mount while standing next to it , before and after,and you could hear the difference after a remesh.

I should be able to get out again tonight and check collimation.

Shane

7 hours ago, Radar said:

Very very close Shane. Is collimation 100%? I think if collimation is out slightly it could give the impression that guiding is the culprit. 

Ray

Checked collimation tonight on unfocussed star, and collimation aid utility in APT, and I would say it is as close to spot on as I am ever going to get it.

I believe it's just a matter of getting focus spot on and maybe tweaking guide parameters a tad. The other thing I'll have to check is flexure between guide and main scopes, not too sure how to go about that but then that's what google is for ;).

Shane

I saw a telescope and guidescope setup with a threaded rod holding them both together so that they couldn't move independent of each other. Otherwise if you have a set of vernier calipers those might also be a good way to measure tiny movements. Also make sure you don't' have mirror flop.

Ray

• Like 1