Sign in to follow this  
diegocolonnello

Gabriela Mistral

Where does the name Gabriela Mistral come from? I'll have to google that. Great shot Diego. What exposure time per channel are you using? The colour channels are well selected. I am on an iPad at the moment, some stars look a tiny bit out of shape, but it might be my small screen. There is a photoshop action called star rounder (I get the same problem on my C14 and use the action sometimes). Interestingly when I shoot near the celestial pole is when my stars are not perfect circles. The east and west guides perfectly. I'm glad you are getting some decent results mate. 

Ray

NGC 3324 is a open cluster in the southern constellation Carina, located northwest of the Carina Nebula (NGC 3372)[4][5] at a distance of 7,560 ly (2,317 pc) from Earth.[2] It is closely associated with the emission nebula IC 2599, also known as Gum 31.[6] The two are often confused as a single object, and together have been nicknamed the "Gabriela Mistral Nebula" due to its resemblance to the Chilean poet.[3][7][8] NGC 3324 was first catalogued by James Dunlop in 1826.[4]

• Like 1

It was shot in one night, from my backyard, Ha Sii and Oiii, 6 subs each of 600 seconds.... left the thing working and went to sleep, phone alarm woke me up at the estimated finishing time and the images where there......

Mi guiding is not good now since i started to use EQMOD.... i am not liking it.... i used to connect everything using the skywatcher ascom driver and i think it was way better....

I am back on a Pc and the stars look much better than on my iPad. With your guiding, are you saying that you did the EQMOD? Shane did the mod recently and was starting to get poor guiding but tightened something up to fix it, see his last post in the link below. 

EQMOD thread

Ray