scorpius

New photos from Mak90/1250

Bit of a frustrating night playing with the moon and the new Mak90.  On the kitchen table the old Asus EeePC notebook and the digiCamControl software worked OK, but when one throws a huge CR2 file at the system from the camera it inclines to slowly grind to a halt.  Looks like the Asus just does not have the oomph to handle too much.  So back to the drawing board. Manual setup and my wireless remote control.

Out of a stack of duds, this one is about the best of them all. 

Cheers Dave 

IMG_0003s.jpg

Look like someone been let loose up there with a 4WD :) 

• Like 1

Nice one Dave, is it possible to uprade the ram in the EeePC? That may help, or is is just a tad old and non upgradeable?

Shane

Its getting like me Shane some what ancient,  goes back to the old WinXP days, even running Win 7 on it is pushing it hard. This is one of the original models, no Optical drive and small HDD (2007?)  Asus stopped production 2013.   May see what Cash Converters have locally.

• Like 1

Full moon looks good. Good detail on the edges. Can you put some more ram in the ASUS? Stick of ram would only cost you 10 bucks for a laptop like that. 

Brent

8 hours ago, skyman said:

Full moon looks good. Good detail on the edges. Can you put some more ram in the ASUS? Stick of ram would only cost you 10 bucks for a laptop like that. 

Brent

Not sure where you found any for $10 The cheapest for my  model  EeePC Model R101D  Between $75 and $200 and that is for 2 sticks of 2G cannot find single sticks mine has only space for one stick currently 1G. Though I do not think extra is going to help much. Its the very early model and the CPU has reached its use by date.  I think I need to step into a new scene of at least a dual core in not a quad core. 

By the way I found an old CD with Registax, never did have much success with it, but threw it onto my Dell 780 and 3 of the frames of the original 1/4 moon I posted on my refractor Post. 

A big improvement.  That's where I will need the RA drive (on its way) to hold the object in place for a while.

2GB PC3L-12800 Unbuffered 204-pin SO-DIMM

Test03r.jpg

Above is 3 frames stacked and compiled

Below is one of the original frames

IMG_4086c.jpg

You aren't wasting any time mate, good to see. That stacked version shows a great improvement. Gotta love those little Maks. 

Ray

I was quite surprised at the results of just 3 frames. I had 7 frames but the other 4 were a bit out of frame. Yep I am very impressed with this the unit. (Looks like I am going to be restricted for quite some time in weight lifting. Saw the Dr and he showed me the Surgeons report. the operation was good and went well, but the Seroma is going to hang around, with his prognosis of being up to three months. So I just have to be careful)  Would love to get the 10"/EQ6pro out. My son is spending Chrissie with us so maybe I will get him to get it out and then I can set it up.  Seeing has been good lately after everyone has gone to bed. :) 

Dave

Hi Dave,

Have you seen scope carts? They are designed for persons with physical limitations. 

Check this photo out here

More at this link here

If I didn't have an observatory, this would be me. Keeps everything setup, just wheel it in and out when required. 

Ray 

Thanks Ray:  I reckon I can make one of those at a fraction of the cost by visiting Parkwood Hardware.  We have all the right metal working tools including a big cut off saw and a MIG welder. Stratco also carry a range of box channel for Colorbond  Fencing posts etc which would be ideal.  

I am also accepting gifts this year :)

Dave 

I agree Dave. If you are handy with some metal working, that trolley would be easy to build. I may have some spare wheels in my shed. I'll take a look and report back shortly. 

Ray