Radar

OMG! You Won't Believe This! I Can't Believe It Myself!

Apart from one weekend last new moon when it was clear, its been cloudy for literally the last four months. 

Well guess what? Its clear!!! (however more cloud landing tomorrow). Observatory night tonight!

Clear.JPG

Thanks for letting me share my problems / excitement. 

Ray

• Like 1

Bloody show off!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Last night was clear here, BUT it was blowing a gale. Which is about all I've had for so long now I can't even remember how long it's been. Cloudy or blowing a gale are not a choice I want.

Anyway good luck to you mate, I hope you get some good data. Eventually I'll get decent weather as well, and can try out the belt mod to see how it goes.

Shane

I went out Saturday night when it was forecast to be clear from 10pm to 4am; guess what? That's right it wasn't :-)

Had 1 really clear night since I got my new mount and scope with no Moon and guess what? I didn't have enough counterweight to balance! :-)

Third time lucky; my 3 months free cloud with my new scope and mount is surely up by now!

Hope to post some first light soon after the next new Moon!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GAstro said:

I went out Saturday night when it was forecast to be clear from 10pm to 4am; guess what? That's right it wasn't :-)

Sorry to say, but I am glad I'm not alone. lol ;)

Shane

Actually we got a massive downpour here yesterday afternoon, I needed gumboots to get to the obs to check on everything. it was all good, even though there seems to be a leak in the warm room roof, the new pc was thankfully dry. I will have to find where the water got in. This is the first time it has happened so it just may be the severity of the downpour but I still want to find it.

Shane

1 hour ago, poppasmurf said:

Bloody show off!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Last night was clear here, BUT it was blowing a gale. Which is about all I've had for so long now I can't even remember how long it's been. Cloudy or blowing a gale are not a choice I want.

Anyway good luck to you mate, I hope you get some good data. Eventually I'll get decent weather as well, and can try out the belt mod to see how it goes.

Shane

lol, this year has been the cloudiest ever. So much so that even a theme park on the coast has closed (one bad year of cloud killed them).

1 hour ago, GAstro said:

Had 1 really clear night since I got my new mount and scope with no Moon and guess what? I didn't have enough counterweight to balance! :-)

Third time lucky; my 3 months free cloud with my new scope and mount is surely up by now!

Hope to post some first light soon after the next new Moon!

G'day GAstro,

You bought a new mount? Bring on the weather gods then. I bought my mount early this year (most expensive piece of kit I've ever invested in) and bad weather 90% of the year. I'm not usually superstitious but I'm starting to be. 

Look forward to seeing your first light shots. What mount and scope are you using?

Ray

2 minutes ago, Kokatha man said:

...I knew Xmas was coming..! ;)

You know things are bad when I get excited over one clear day :wacko:

Ray

I got one measly night of imaging before cloud rolled in. Ironed out the cobwebs, used the light pollution filter with my RGB filters, spent a few hours on NGC1365. Still need to process it properly. 

Back to the bad weather, rain is straight back, unprecedented for WA. 

Ray

How is this possible? We've had two clear nights since June the 6th in Western Australia!  

Cloud.JPG

I literally feel your pain mate, horrible here again tonight. No more testing the belt mod. Although I did find a dodgy cable on the guide cam today, so perhaps last nights difficulties at the end of the session might not have been dew related.

Shane

I think the weather pattern is El Nino or La Nina related, the ocean current reverses for a short time (or something similar, I need to google it). Either way, we need to do all we can, so -

CAN EVERYONE STOP BUYING NEW EQUIPMENT BECAUSE THE WEATHER GODS ARE OBVIOUSLY VERY ANGRY AND I NEED TO USE MY NEW EQUIPMENT!

B)B)B)

Ray

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Radar said:

CAN EVERYONE STOP BUYING NEW EQUIPMENT BECAUSE THE WEATHER GODS ARE OBVIOUSLY VERY ANGRY AND I NEED TO USE MY NEW EQUIPMENT!

B)B)B)

Ray

LMAO, I think you are still feeling the effects of that stunning AP mount you bought.:P

• Like 1