wingeing Pom

The whole Heart

Jesus Greg, I don't know what spaceship you and Paul are flying around in, but taking happy snaps through the spaceship window then making out you took them from down here on Earth through an atmosphere, whilst the earth was spinning and in total darkness is ridiculous, no one will believe it :)

Truly awesome effort Professor!

Ray

• Like 1

On 05/10/2016 at 6:43 PM, moonrocks said:

Wow, that is a belter Greg! Fantastic image my friend! :)

Glad you like this one :)
Greg

As we both know - nothing can beat hours

• Like 1

I could swear you said somewhere on this forum that the Sky 90 Array wasn't good for this kinda stuff! I think it is splendid. You can see the stitch though.

Eric

I could swear you said somewhere on this forum that the Sky 90 Array wasn't good for this kinda stuff! I think it is splendid. You can see the stitch though.

Eric

1 hour ago, Eric Mjolnir said:

Eric

Yep - I did say that, mainly due to the large number of hours needed.  Can you point out where you can see the stitch??

Greg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wingeing Pom said:

Yep - I did say that, mainly due to the large number of hours needed.  Can you point out where you can see the stitch??

Greg

Not as a misalignment but a definate change in the color gradient or contrast. I am viewing this on a 37" High Def monitor. I placed some lines on your image to indicate where I see the change. 

29484507573_21a11695ed_b Line.jpg

I see a change on the right hand edge to the right of the Heart - but nothing to the left.

And that is not due to stitching, that is the way GradientXterminator flattened the background.

But well-spotted :)

Greg

• Like 1

Hope you don't think I was being to critical, but it just leaped out at me when I first viewed the image. I am quite interested in this kind of technique as I plan to do some mosaics ( 4 panel) in the future. I am concerned with keeping each panels levels correct to integrate properly. Seems like a very difficult thing to do, especially if the panels are taken on different nights, and seeing conditions.

Eric

Eric - I don't mind at all, we can all learn, and it wouldn't be the first time I haven't seen an issue with one of my images (although I did see that one :) )

And yes - you hit the nail on the head, if you take the panels on different nights (like I did with the Heart) especially if there is a moving light pollution source about (the Moon) then putting the mosaic together can be tough.

I did a 4-frame mosaic of the Kemble's Cascade region with the Sky 90 array in a single night - and of course it went together easily and seamlessly.  It is also difficult to "get it right" if you have different total exposure times for each frame (and of course I also had that problem with the Heart image as well).

Having said all that - Noel Carboni could put the two frame Heart together and it would look a lot better than my effort - and there would definitely be no join :)

Greg

You must have young eyes Eric;), my tired old ones could see anything, but then I looked on my laptop monitor and not a 37" High Def monitor, which would be an awesome addition to the obs:P.

Shane

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, poppasmurf said:

You must have young eyes Eric;), my tired old ones could see anything, but then I looked on my laptop monitor and not a 37" High Def monitor, which would be an awesome addition to the obs:P.

Shane

The eyes are 62 years young Shane but the body is acting like 90 something lately! Just put a new crate motor in my old 88 Dodge truck, and boy o' boy am I feeling it. The old back is shot from bending over the fender wells and front grill.

Eric

• Like 1