kohamher1

DAYSTAR FILTERS QUARKS

Below are two images taken with my two DAYSTAR FILTERS QUARKS. First in the Calcium H II Line QUARK and next is the QUARK Chromosphere.

I've pre-ordered and am anxiously awaiting the new DAYSTAR FRILTERS QUARK Sodium D Line filter.  

2016-09-06-1245_0-JON-Ca-H_AR2585.jpg

2016-09-06-1305_9-JON-H-a_AR2586-Fil.jpg

As nice as these filters are, I'm even more excited to announce that DAYSTAR FILTERS is currently producing and accepting pre-orders for a new state of the art Sodium D Line QUARK Filter. I've also modified my resolution chart illustrating where the Sodium D QUARK will fall when compared to other wavelength filters.

Read more about it here:

14264261_1045443662190952_900695981892070996_n.jpg

ArcSecResolution.jpg

The Sodium D Line is a new wavelength to all except those with spectrohelioscopes. DAYSTAR FILTERS is producing them now and should be shipping them next month. See their website for more info.

Excellent shots mate. I'll have to checkout the sodium D spectral line sometime. What scope are you shooting through?

Ray

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:53 AM, Radar said:

Excellent shots mate. I'll have to checkout the sodium D spectral line sometime. What scope are you shooting through?

Ray

Ray, my primary solar scope is a Lunt Engineering 102mm f/7.0 @ 714mm focal length.
I use it with my QUARK Chromosphere, Calcium H Filter and Baader Wedge and will also use it with the new Sodium D Filter.

5 hours ago, kohamher1 said:

Ray, my primary solar scope is a Lunt Engineering 102mm f/7.0 @ 714mm focal length.
I use it with my QUARK Chromosphere, Calcium H Filter and Baader Wedge and will also use it with the new Sodium D Filter.

Calcium H? Haven't seen one of those before John. However I know where the spectral line is well, just haven't seen it used commercially before (I've really got to get up to speed). What is your opinion on the Lunt's compared to Coronado (I imagine you've looked through them all). 

Ray