swagastro

New Dual setup

Been sitting on this kit for months, waiting for an appropriate time to get it up and running. This is a dual setup of two Takahashi FSQ85's (reduced) and two Kodak chip camera's (one QSI683 and the other is a Moravian G2-8300) all sitting on a Mesu 200 mount. The guiding is being done with a separate guide scope. At the moment there's no dual setup software, and so I am running one as the main .... plate solving, flipping etc and the other just takes pics all nighy without any mount knowledge or control. That way I will lose one or perhaps two subs depending on when the flip happens.

The alignment was a breeze with the JTD saddle, so both are pointing in the same place. 

So imaging.... 10 hours of clear skies and 20 hours of data ...... I can't wait :)

dual tak2_SGL.jpg

• Like 1

lol, I'm so jealous right now. That's awesome Sara. So you are saying that you can't shoot through both at the same time? Is this because you need more than one PC? This will be very handy timewise though. Taks are a great brand. 

Ray

P.S I shoot through a QSI683 as well. Its the only CCD I've really ever shot through but I think it is pretty awesome. 

pristine looking kit Sara. I've never heard of that mount before. judging by your results I'm sure it is very good.

Brent

The Moravian is really good and is well built. I'm pleased with it especially as it was almost half the price of the QSI!!! 

I can shoot both at the same time, but I can't dither between exposures..... so in effect one camera / scope controls the mount, plate solve etc and the other just acts as a 'slave' just taking pictures all night.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skyman said:

Rooftop observatory would be amazing, as long as streetlights are not beaming onto it. 

That's what paintball guns are for mate. :P 

Ray

• Like 1

Sorry for not getting back to this one ..... things have gotten in the way!!!

Yes this is a rooftop observatory. I'm based in Spain. There's a few streetlights around, but nothing too bad. My biggest problem is glow from Valencia about 20-30km's away.... makes south facing imaging tricky!!