Welcome to My Astro Space Astronomy - MASA

Use the Facebook button to login with your Facebook cookie, how easy is that? Or register a standard account. 

Note you can hotlink any thread you make here direct to your Facebook timeline by hitting the Facebook button under your post (you can also hotlink direct to Twitter, Google, etc as well). So if you are an avid Facebook poster, there is no need to post content twice if you are posting it here first.  

Promote Yourself From Lurker to a Member Today And Join MASA :P 

This message will self destruct once you have signed in.

Radar

PixInsight

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone here use PixInsight? I'm going to download the trial but I'm curious to know what other people's opinions are?

Thanks

Ray

Yes, PI is an essential and wonderful resource no astrophotogpher should be without. I use it rather like an extended tool kit.  It supplements and completes the super powerful  photoshop to give one  limitless processing power. Go for it but expect a never ending learning curve.  I guess this is part of the why we all enjoy the journey so much!  

6 hours ago, moonrocks said:

Yes, PI is an essential and wonderful resource no astrophotogpher should be without. I use it rather like an extended tool kit.  It supplements and completes the super powerful  photoshop to give one  limitless processing power. Go for it but expect a never ending learning curve.  I guess this is part of the why we all enjoy the journey so much!  

Thanks Phil. I've heard there is a steep learnig curve to it, but I've also seen images processed by it. It certainly looks all powerful. I've got the trial so I'll play with it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Ray

How did you go with the trial Ray? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Shane

Because of the weather, I've really done very little with it (bang goes the free trial, lol). However I know I'll be purchasing this anyway so I'm really looking forward to using it. I'll be acquiring data for PixInsight in the coming hour. Will keep you posted. 

Ray

1 person likes this

Well I have decided to take the plunge and have purchased a commercial licence, now the huge learning curve begins :P. At least with the rotton weather I can practice on my old data.

Shane

I downloaded the demo about 2 weeks ago. I am not sure if I can bite this off for my simple purposes.

Dave

Once you get used to it Dave, it's great software. I am by no means an expert but I believe the results I get are so much better than previously.

Shane

1 person likes this