poppasmurf

Centaurus A WIP

I threw together a couple of RGB from last night just for a quick look see. Not a bad start, needs some Luminance and probably more colour as well. 5 red x 300 sec, 4 green x 300 sec, & 4 blue x 300 sec. I still need to work on my tracking as I have slightly egg shaped stars but things are progressing slowly.

Shane

NGC5128-RGB.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Ray, I'm feeling rather worn out, guess I'm not used to early start. Tried for a couple of hours sleep before I go to work this arvo but no luck.lol

Several reworks of this one, practicing different things in PI. Quite different results from all attempts, i am not sure which I prefer but it goes to show how much difference you can get from the same data.

Enjoy and please give me some feedback if you have any (good or bad), it is most welcome.

Approx 4.5 hrs total integration

Shane

Original process is first followed by PI process attempts.

NGC5128-RGB.jpg

LRGB.jpg

LRGB_DBE.jpg

LRGBrepro2.jpg

LRGBrepro3.jpg

• Like 1

There is much more dust filaments and bok globule type structure in the PI renditions.

Ray

• Like 1

As you put more and more data into this you will find that it iterates (itself) to the best version.  Basically - if you have a ton of good data, you find that you have to do very little to it for the best result.

Greg

• Like 2

Well done. All great looking shots. 

You will have to show me PI one day. Looks like you're getting the hang of it.

Dan 

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Well done. All great looking shots. 

You will have to show me PI one day. Looks like you're getting the hang of it.

Dan 

Cheers mate, I wouldn't say I'm quite getting the hang of it, but I have got  "some" of the basics.  It is great software, even though a steep learning curve. IMHO well worth investing in.

Just let me know when you want to take a look mate and we'll organise a get together.

Shane