Sign in to follow this  

I just recently drug my old 10" Orion F4.7 OTA out of mothballs after a good 8 year hiatus. It was originally set up to ride on my SW EQ-6 GT. It had really good optics but after I purchased my 20" Obsession with Argo Navis Servo Cat drive it went to the wayside. I purchased another dovetail and used them to mount 2 altitude bearings to and made a Dob base for it. Now I have a 10" grab and go for the deck. After 8 years of sitting around and 2 moves, I only had to adjust the secondary just a little to bring it back into collimation. I took a look at the Moon and was struck by how good the old optics were. I grabbed my camera and took a shot.

IMG_0001_1.jpg

Moon shot through the old girl.

17524661764_17efe9e328_c.jpg

And just for the fun a little enhancement with the color saturation.

17570525884_c675cda685_c.jpg

Eric

Grab-n-go? Nothing like a reunion with an old friend. Some excellent imagery Eric.

Tim.

Yeah Tim Grab and Go. I'm 6'5" tall and 265 lbs so this scope is like and 8" to me! Scope under one arm and base in the other hand. Don't have to far to go with it though, maybe just 30' to the deck and through 1 door.

Highly impressive - guess you are sad at the loss of 8 years with this one :(

Greg

Yes Greg I didn't realize it till I drove it again. Like and old car, it's got some dents and dings and a few scratches in the paint but it still runs good!