Sign in to follow this  
timthelder

'IT' Happens

Got out Sat, night and took some .avis of Jupiter, seeing was decent, but after continuous dew on the corrector plate I decided to wrap things up. It was very cold, with a bit of snow still on the ground, so I was in a bit of a hurry to get my arse inside to some warmth.

While shuffling around and running back and forth putting things away, I grabbed my laptop to take it indoors. I tripped, on a cord, the ground, or my own two feet and proceeded to land on my face.

Broke my glasses, a good cut above my eye, ribs are still sore, but the worst part is I killed the laptop. Snow and electronics don't like each other too well apparently.

After some trouble shooting I am going to attempt to install a new motherboard in the bugger. I believe the hard-drive is still ok.

The trials a tribulations of this hobby...(Not too mention the expense!)

Tim.

Wrapping this experience up, (after the last scab fell off over my eye...)

Here's what the inside of my laptop looks like.

DV6T-7300_zpszkgjabx3.jpg

And all I got from this imaging session was this crappy Jupiter image.

Jupiter_01-24-2015_zpssimanyud.jpg

The above pictured laptop made this post BTW. Live and learn. Sometimes dedication should not be confused with common sense! LOL.

Cheers all!

Tim.

lol @

(after the last scab fell off over my eye...)

Sorry to hear about that mate. At least the scope is okay, laptops I can handle, smashing the mirror inside the scope I could not.

Ray