Sign in to follow this  
A.S.I.G.N_Baz

NGC253 and 2070 from ASIGN II

My latest telescope upgrade is starting to prove itself. I still have a few tweaks to make and need to improve my processing, but it's getting really exciting now!

Picture one is my first complete stack from the new telescope. This is one hour and twenty minutes of exposure on NGC253, Sculptor Galaxy.

Distance - 11.4 million light years away.

qrFLne9.jpg

This second image is six and a half hours of exposure on NGC 2070 Tarantula Nebula.

Distance - 159,800 light years away.

Apparently if this bright nebula was as close to us as the Orion nebula, it would cast shadows.

eUZcO7h.jpg

Beautiful work mate. The core looks great in both. New telescope? Dare I ask? I love ogling other peoples kit. Ray

NGC 253, one of my favorite galaxies. Wish I had access to the Tarantula. Very nicely processed me thinks, very natural, not overly done. The only additional 'tweak' I might suggest, is adding flats to your regime to take care of those pesky dust motes. Fine images nonetheless. Been keeping up with you on FB BTW.

Cheers, Tim.

NGC 253, one of my favorite galaxies. Wish I had access to the Tarantula. Very nicely processed me thinks, very natural, not overly done. The only additional 'tweak' I might suggest, is adding flats to your regime to take care of those pesky dust motes. Fine images nonetheless. Been keeping up with you on FB BTW.

Cheers, Tim.

G'day Tim. I did add flats. Not sure why they didn't work. I had to clone out a lot. Working on it.

Thanks Eric too!

Baz.