Sign in to follow this  
Eric Mjolnir

ISS flyover 4/10/2014 from South Dakota

I know I am very late in posting this but thought I would anyway. I see on here many time lapse images of a streak across the sky. This day I was ready with my Canon T31 on a tripod with fluid head. I set the camera to sports shot and multi shot. I was using the Canon 75-300mm lens at 300mm. I started tracking manually when the station came into view and shot until it faded out. Out of some several 100 images I got one good one! This is highly cropped to get any detail at all and the station is only 10's of pixels wide but it is the ISS and discernible! Due to the sun and my angle of the shot not all of the solar panels are lighted but I was pleased with this attempt.

13790292795_a0d55dcf4f_o.jpg

Eric

• Like 2

Kudos Eric!

I have never tried the satellite capture scenario, but I know without trying it is difficult and an art in itself. Nice first capture!

Tim.

• Like 1

That is killer Eric (killer meaning awesome). I tried shooting the ISS as well, very difficult challenge, but very rewarding to.

Ray

• Like 1

On 17/10/2014 at 2:25 AM, Eric Mjolnir said:

I know I am very late in posting this but thought I would anyway. I see on here many time lapse images of a streak across the sky. This day I was ready with my Canon T31 on a tripod with fluid head. I set the camera to sports shot and multi shot. I was using the Canon 75-300mm lens at 300mm. I started tracking manually when the station came into view and shot until it faded out. Out of some several 100 images I got one good one! This is highly cropped to get any detail at all and the station is only 10's of pixels wide but it is the ISS and discernible! Due to the sun and my angle of the shot not all of the solar panels are lighted but I was pleased with this attempt.

13790292795_a0d55dcf4f_o.jpg

Eric

That is majorly impressive!!!!!!!

Greg