Sign in to follow this  
Radar

Aurora Architectural Problem

There was a man who thought the Aurora Borealis (otherwise known as the Northern Lights) was so good, that he wanted every window on each side of his house to point North.

The problem was that his preferences in building this house were also that his house was in the shape of a perfect square and only each side was allowed one window. How does the architect go about designing this house so that each window on each side of the house points North?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I'll have a crack and say he built it on the exact position of the north pole , every window would look north.:eartoear:

Well its just a thought:duh:

but the windows work i think?

LOL

Clear skies

Patrick

ha ha ,,, well it was worth a try, was i in the ballpark? .....at least .....please....come on it makes sence.....lol.

That is a good one but Ray..:welldone:

Well done.

Anyone else

Come on. I'm dying to know the answer:duh:

Okay, Pat your answer was almost spot on, except for one thing, the windows on a house built on the North Pole will always face South.

So, all this guy has to do is build his house on the South Pole for all his windows to face North.

I know, I know, it's one of those puzzles that is very frustrating, I feel the annoyance to. It happened to me.

The info about the Northern Lights is just misdirection. If you go back and read it, nothing says that the windows or house need to be able to see the Northern Lights, it simply says that this guy loves the Northern Lights so much, that he wants all his windows to point North,,,,,Ouch.

:Chessy_Smile: :Chessy_Smile: :Chessy_Smile:

dang it i wrote that first, but then fell for the seeing the northern lights bit, and changed it. grrr.

But if you are at the north pole ,wouldent it mean that the compass would point north no matter which direction you pointed ,north is below your feet, i remember that the arctic explorers had trouble getting compass readings to work properly(always reading north, not accurate), thats a long stretch i know !!!! :duh:

thats a long stretch i know !!!! :duh:

lol, a long stretch but at least it was a good one Pat. :Chessy_Smile: