Sign in to follow this  
gyro

Mars news briefing.

Thanks for the info Gyro,

I really hope, at some point in what's left of my lifetime, I will see humans set foot on Mars. There are so many variables to overcome before that day. So much to be understood...

Cheers, Tim.

Is it possible to modify the ISS as a Mars vehicle.

Add propulsion modukes, Mars lander module and a improved dedicated safe area from radiation etc.

The ISS is already doing enough speed. It could easily be slung from orbit toward Mars. Personally I would rather see the ISS move to the moon or Mars than burn up in the atmosphere when NASA are done with it.

The new mindset for Mars however is to make it one way. No return tickets, you go there as one of the first explorers, you also die there. This idea was set in stone about two years ago. Remove the cost, dangers and complexity of sending a return vehicle capable of rocketing off the surface of the red planet, and missions to Mars become cost effective, safer and much easier to manage.

Needless to say, the idea of dying on Mars hasn't scared many off, many have volunteered already and most of the volunteers are middle aged.

Would be awesome to see early settlers landing on Mars.

Ray

Sent from my iPad using iOS MASA / MyAstroSpace App