Sign in to follow this  
fco_herrera

NGC4565 second time I try AP " thanks SEEKER37211"

Hi,

First of all I will like to thanks to SEEKER37211 for all the help I have been receiving from him for the past few months.

I didn't knew how difficult this target was but I try it because how beautiful it looks in your pictures.

This is the second time I do AP so I hope you all enjoy my results. I will like get to get your feedback, comments and critics.

This is the first time I post in this site.

Thank you all

Jose

NGC4565

114 x 60sec Lights + Flats + Darks

ISO800

Not guided

Camera Canon 1000D non-modded

Telescope Orion ST120mm f/5

Reducer Celestron 6.3

Software SSD / BYE / PS

thats really a good shot Jose, your stars are really good and not blurred.. How long was your exposure time? Am trying to learn A/P like you and using a DSLR also, mine is a Nikon tho,,, good picture

Cheers Kasey

Kasey

Thanks for your comments, my total expossure time was 1h 54min almost 2 hours Im doing 60sec shots not guided, my goal know is to use a guider to push my light to 300sec minimum. I probably did not choose the best target for me due to Im new also doing AP and it is a difficult one. I will try some clusters and other galaxys to see what happen, I use a canon 1000D and the software Backyard EOS for canon.

Jose

Your telescope tracks really well for 60 sec shots, mine would not do that well.. I just purchased an autoguider and have tried it once, not had time to use for A/P application yet.. Good luck

Cheers Kasey

Yes, it really tracks very good, but let me tell you that it is because ( seeker372011 ) explain me how to do it, he ask me to use the Polar aligment option that came with the hand set software, I still have one more issue that is the light pollution, I bought an IDAS LPS filter to try to gain more signal vs. noise ( longer lights / 3min. using a guider) , I just need a better weather now to try it and start learning how to use a guider.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Jose

Sounds like you are on the right track... I use the LDAS pollution filter and it helps a lot, and after years of coaching from this group, have my mount with a guide scope producing up to 15 minute exposures with round stars on my SCT 9.25" at f6.3. If I get the balance right.

Keep st it!

first time guiding M51

Hi,

Im happy with my first results, talking about guiding, I try for the first time and from 20 lights two 5 minute lights are ok, I had many issues trying to set PHD to work but I think Im close, Im attaching one of the 2 images, I also use the IDAS filter it is a plus!

I will apreciate your coments, Thanks

post-1877-14487513049905_thumb.jpg

nice star images... looks like your guiding is soming along. In Nebulosity there is a "correct background color" option under the image processing tab. I use that to neutralize the greenish background from the IDAS under light polluted skies here in Southern California. Keep up the good work.