Sign in to follow this  
poppasmurf

Moonlite CS focuser

Model purchased is CS sct with DC motor control, which also came with adjustable slip clutch for manual operation.

Upon recieving the package I was very impressed with the care taken for transportation. The box was oversized for the product and filled with foam pieces, The focuser itself was also wrapped well in bubble wrap, with the motor controller in a ziplock bag.

First inspection was an impression of great care and skill in manufacture, so much so that I contemplated just using it as a display piece instead.lol.

Once installed on my RC the operation of the unit was simple and seamless, with buttery smooth movement.

All in all I would definately recommend this product to anyone interested in upgrading from stock for either visual or AP. Value for money and service is exceptional.

If there is a complaint, and I'm not really concerned, is that it would be nice to have the option of ordering the controller cable length desired instead of sourcing one locally, which by the way is only costing me $10 for a 5m standard audio(3.5mm jack)cable.

Added a couple of pics including bracket I made for mounting controller in warm room of obs.

Cheers Shane

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4841[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4842[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4843[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4844[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4845[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4846[/ATTACH]

First inspection was an impression of great care and skill in manufacture, so much so that I contemplated just using it as a display piece instead.lol.

That's funny mate. Just did a quick google on that focuser, looks well machined. It looks similar to the event horizon focuser slightly.

Ray

It really is a nice piece of kit Ray, when I get the time to use it. Especially like the remote control of it so I can stay in the warm room.

Shane