Sign in to follow this  
ozpapafox

Belated Lunar Eclipse Image

Hi All

Haven't had time since I last posted here due to work and trying to re-organise my imaging gear plus just got the new ROR obs fitted out and been fiddling around with my Losmandy G11 with the new SiTech GoTo as well as learning how to PlateSolve etc

However welcomed the break presented by the recent lunar eclipse so I grabbed the opportunity to join my fellow ASWA members at Kings Park, Perth, WA, to view the eclipse - just thought that I might just post this image as it was my first ever that I've taken in all my life and I'm no "spring chicken" now!:smiley-laughing025:

So please enjoy!

Cheers

Bill

Wow Bill, that is a red one!

I expected to see more eclipse pics form imagers, but most everyone must've gotten clouded out. Thanks for sharing and congrat's on your first astro-pic.

Merry X-mas, Tim.

Thanks Tim & Greg

I appreciate that encouragement guys! I'm glad that I've done my first Lunar Eclipse (only because I had the camera gear) and this was shot not with an OTA but a prime lens from the Canon stable - the EF 400mm f2.8L lens which was used in conjunction with a 2X extender

Yep, I noticed that we're were very lucky in Western Australia since there was a brief moment of clouds only during the whole course of the eclipse

Cheers

Bill