Sign in to follow this  
wingeing Pom

Super Albireo pair

I imaged Albireo quite some time ago and have been amazed that no similar differently coloured star pair has turned up in any image since then. So I took a look at my Hallwag star map to see if there were two reasonable bright, differently coloured stars that would fit the field of view of the Takahashi Sky 90.M25C one-shot colour camera. Surprisingly there was only one suitable candidate - Algol and Rho Persei - which you can see below :

algol_54files_240secs_2star_sdmask_partproc_gjp_ss_moreclone_nfo.jpg

Image acquired and processed by Greg Parker at the New Forest Observatory.

Nicely done! Love the star shapes.

M40 is a binary double with yellow and blue. Slightly more difficult but worth it.

Brent

Thanks guys :D No Tim, not First Light yet :( :( Everything is ready to go (except the weather!!!) so I haven't Polar Aligned yet. Once I've done that I'll be imaging with the mini-WASP - the above was taken with the Sky 90 though, so half the field of view of the mini-WASP.

Greg

Excellent mate. Wouldn't think that two stars could look so interesting.

Ray

Thank you Mick and Ray :) Sometimes stark simplicity can win out - got first light last night by the way - chose the Gamma Cygni area. Unfortunately 1 of the 2 M26C cameras needs to go back, but at least the fully-functional camera gave me an idea of what'll be coming up - I think you're gonna like it.

Greg