Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Sterrar Technologies Inc focuser

Before getting my QHY8 I was using my canon 20D as my camera and got a Stellar technologies Inc. Stilletto focusing aid for it. Anyone interested in this device? its made for each camera out there and this one is for the 20D model. cost a few hunderd dollars new, but willing to part with it for $50.00 as I really don't use it now.

cheers

G'day Tone,

I have one of these to. Not sure how you focus the QHY, but you can adjust the stilleto to match your QHY. Just need to borrow a depth guage from someone and match the focal plane.

Ray

Didn't know you could do that... I've been focusing with Nebulosity's fien focus routine, and it seems to work OK as I have everything hooked up ready to image as soon as I get crititcal focus. I ususally return to the fine focus tool again after I've acquired my target just for a "belt and suspenders" approach to gettign it right. For so many years, my images suffered from the focus being off... I didn't realize that "infinity" wasn't good enough! Lots to learn here.... thanks for the suggestion, and if anyone else wants to "adapt" this gadget to fit their DSLR, maybe have a go at it.

cheers