Sign in to follow this  
poppasmurf

Been a bit quiet around here lately

I know the weather hasn't been very helpful but surely that means more time to surf the net. What has everyone been doing.

Hi Shane

I've ordered a new mount and sold my old one so until that arrives I'm not imaging

Also I don't know whats happening with the Webmaster on this site, who has been very quite of late

Cheers

"Also I don't know whats happening with the Webmaster on this site, who has been very quite of late"

the poor chaps been very busy sorting and deleting bogus new members!!

also, there's been a bunch of drivel posted of late which might have quelled any genuinely interested posting... but it will pick up again soon! :thumbsupmate:

I forecast some firstlight reports and planetary images in the not too distant future :wink:

there's been a bunch of drivel posted of late which might have quelled any genuinely interested posting...

Not wrong there:smiley-laughing021:

Good to see that there is still some of us alive out there.

What mount did you order Trevor? I thought there were a lot of new members with not much to say. I'm glad I'm not the one having to sort that mess out.

Hows things up your way John, weather a bit better or not?

Shane

Yes we are still here ...lol

I find myself busy every morning before work culling spammers and such, but still no imaging lately........work still keeps getting in the road...... dont mention the weather either.

Radar , where the hell are you mate !!!!!!!!!

Im debaiting doing a big cleanup of the forums i think, so much dribble being posted lately !!!

Cheers

Patrick

Well lookie here a bunch of working guys who know eachother talking on the site rather than in real life a little odd don't you think. Either way I think you should cleanup the site and get rid of the "drivel" though I must admit I might have been contributing to the "drivel" a little bit. But that doesn't matter I'm trying to post important stuff now but I seem to be defending myself which isn't the purpose but I was just giving my opinion. :l33t:

Yeah the forum has been dead this last week. I've been on every day to see if there is anything new but there's not. I've been the only one posting. It's quite unusual that I haven't gotten any replies either to my posts. I mean come on, it was titled Expansion and even Ibiar didn't reply. I wonder what's goin' on around here. A full clean out might do the trick.

Now that I think about it maybe the reason nobody post on here is cause most people consider whats on here to be things they already know nothing's a brand new idea or theory. In my opinion theories are one of the best parts of this site because its interesting to see other peoples ideas and to debate them if you don't agree and from those theories branch new ones. But what's on the forum's right now is mostly just things that have been confirmed already. There's no fun! :l33t:

Also I don't know whats happening with the Webmaster on this site, who has been very quite of late

I checked the local "Perth Now" newspaper, and space news...He's not in the obituaries, or been hit by a renegade meteorite:hmm:

Yes we are still here ...lol

I find myself busy every morning before work culling spammers and such, but still no imaging lately........work still keeps getting in the road...... dont mention the weather either.

Im debaiting doing a big cleanup of the forums i think, so much dribble being posted lately !!!

Cheers

Patrick

please dont delete my stuff it is not dribble

Appreciate all efforts to keep this thing alive. I've posted my Rosette but haven't seen good weather now for about a few weeks and with the nearly full moon, has discouraged imaging... soon as weather permits, I'm going to be back at it. Look forward to your new mount results Trev.

Shane ordered a new G11 with the Gemini2 through ATS due from Losmandy end of March

MAAAAATE NOICE. New toys here are going to have to wait for some time as funds are tight at the moment, I have to pay for a family trip to NZ at Easter for my grandmothers 90th b'day. So it looks like a new camera will be some time off yet. Just as well Chunk(Dan) lent me his GStar to tide me over. All I need now is the weather to clear to get some imaging and viewing in. That and work to stop interfering.

Shane

The weather on East Coast has been shocking no chance for using a telescope, but I have been spotting satellites when I can. Hoping for better weather this winter hey.

There has been lots of new ideas and theories lately which IMHO are not worth debating and I don't. Most of it is :spam: that is detracting from this very good ASTRONOMY FORUM.

And thats what i need to clean up , sorry "working time machine ".....yeah right.

Ben its great you are dreaming and having theories and thats how lots of things get invented , but your classmates are ruining threads with the pointless banter and childish dribbles and are NOT Contributing anything except arguments.

Need i remind you all that this IS an ASTRONOMY FORUM first and foremost ,not a theories discussion forum......or an online chat site or MSN chat room.

Now i dont mean to piss of your friends BUT the pointless thread comments WILL be removed eg:Quote:Well lookie here a bunch of working guys who know eachother talking on the site rather than in real life a little odd don't you think.

Oh btw , next incident with spamming threads with 1 number or letter per post or anything similar earn a permanent holiday ,Ive had enough like a lot of long time members . (you know who im talking about , ok.)

No smart ass remarks either please or the same result .

The forum had a lot of good members on every day till all this crap started and ill bet some of them have had enough of the childish behavior evident lately and have been quiet because of it.

Cheers

Patrick

Im sorry if Rayman and others are ruining your forum and I agree but I post relavent theories under the section "scientific theories concepts and debates". I thought that section was for theories.

I've got a question for you too. I am thinking of buying a scope. Which ones do you recommend? I've got one already but its not great. Its a tasco novice. Its name suits its quality.

Ben the best advise anyone here can give you is if its at the cheep end on price , thats what you get.

If its your first (or second) scope , check out the dobsonian ranges they give the best bang for your buck.

Meade, Celestron and Skywatcher have been around for ages and all make top quality products.

Look into a 10in dobsonian style ...eg meade lightbridge http://www.meade.com/product_pages/lightbridge/lightbridge.php

lb10_1.jpg

They dont have computer tracking and all the fancy electronics BUT give you great views , and you learn how to starhop and find things on your own, great to learn this aspect of astronomy to begin with!!

These Skywatcher ones are also great for beginners too!!

http://www.skywatchertelescope.net/swtinc/product.php?id=139&class1=1&class2=106

31031DOB10L.gif

Anything else , happy to help, just ask anyone here will help you on your way with advice.

Cheers

Patrick

The forum had a lot of good members on every day till all this crap started and ill bet some of them have had enough of the childish behavior evident lately and have been quiet because of it.

Cheers

Patrick

Hear hear Pat. You would be correct in this comment, it is definately one of the reasons I have not been around much of late, as well as work and life in general.I am glad that we have moderators on this site doing such a great job TRYING to keep the morons at bay. I know this is a mostly thankless job, so I will say a BIG THANK YOU to the moderators. Keep up the good work guys.:admin:

Cheers

Shane

Ben, what Pat says is absolutely true. Best bang for bucks is a dob. Although I have not owned one I did have a lend of a 12" dob for some time and the views were amazing, and as Pat stated they make you learn the sky by star hopping.

Cheers

Shane

Thanks Shane , appreciated mate.

Also Ben, join a local astro club in your area as the have heaps of different scopes for you to look at and through, might give you an idea what scope to go for !!

Cheers

Patrick

.....well, I'm still floating around the place: I remember asking what had happened to Ray quite a while ago - hope all is well with him!

Don't really agree about the lack of "theory-sprouting" activity as impacting upon this (very) quiet period on MAS.....to my mind that section wasn't terribly active, nor the main focus of most of the "hands-on" crew here anyway; but it would be good to see a bit more life in the old girl..!:anyone:

My own activities have centred around taking the (very) occassional imaging opportunities with Saturn along with "work" work and the time-consuming scope build...