Sign in to follow this  
h0ughy

max partial lunar eclipse from the Doghouse Observatory

I managed to get this shot from last nights eclipse - a HDr of 26 images from 2.5 sec to 1/2000 sec - stacked in Photomatix and processed in Pixinsight and resized in photoshop. Taken with cooled Canon40D and 127ED on the G11

Stunning H0ughy , best lunar eclipse photo ive ever seen mate, well done.

Its got it all, redy color appearing , shadows great , focus nailed, stars in there also.........new desktop..lol

Cheers

Patrick

I'm with Pat on this one. Top effort Houghy, its a definate winner for me. Pity the eclipse wasn't the image of the month pic, you would have won easily. How about pic of the week as a consolation prize guys.

Stunning H0ughy , best lunar eclipse photo ive ever seen mate, well done.

Its got it all, redy color appearing , shadows great , focus nailed, stars in there also.........new desktop..lol

Cheers

Patrick

I'm with Pat on this one. Top effort Houghy' date=' its a definate winner for me. Pity the eclipse wasn't the image of the month pic, you would have won easily. How about pic of the week as a consolation prize guys.[/quote']

Beautiful image' date=' congratulations a lot of work has gone into this one.[/quote']

thanks Guys

Two more images – one sequence for 9.28pm and another for 8.46pm made up of 32 and 31 shots respectively. Stacked in Photomatix, processed in Pixinsight for DBE, ACDNR reduction and mask moon to lift background, then into Photoshop for colour correction and detail enhancement – quite a simple process really…..