I just went outside for a smoke before dinner and looked up, as usual, to spy a lovely sunset below a magnificent pairing of the Moon and Venus. It had me mesmerised for several minutes, so much so that the missus was calling me in and I didn't hear her for some time. Just magnificent, its a pity that I am too sore and tired to get the scope and camera out. I just wanted to share my brief experience, but if anyone got a pic I would love to see it.

Regards poppasmurf AKA Shane

That WAS a lovely pairing Shane.....approximately 2 degrees seperation (roughly 4 Moon diameters) as I recall the view now: I was travelling home in the car and we had a beautifull sunset here too, but by the time we got home they had both become enmeshed in clouds and thought taking an image then wasn't worth the effort!:thumbsupmate:

That would have been grat to see, but that particular evening was clouded out for me. I also missed the straight wall this time around because of the timing of the clouds. It's good to go out and see something like that, especially when you aren't expecting it.